Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Preferred Rates

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, Fairmont Premier, SPG Gold, Avis First
Question on Preferred Rates

Do AAA/CAA rates at the Fairmont qualify for tier status, and do they qualify for Aeroplan miles?

TIA
Old May 29, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Yes for status, I don't think so for miles, but don't quote me on the second part.
Old May 29, 2011, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CarterM1
Do AAA/CAA rates at the Fairmont qualify for tier status, and do they qualify for Aeroplan miles?

TIA
AAA/CAA rates definitely count towards status, but Im almost 100% sure you dont earn any miles. You only earn miles when booking the "best available rate" on the website, not for discounted or advance purchase rates.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I can confirm that CAA/AAA rates qualify for tier status.. I use these rate somewhat at times if its the best deal around..

The CAA/AAA rates do not currently qualify for FF miles.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
You only earn miles when booking the "best available rate" on the website, not for discounted or advance purchase rates.
I'm not sure this is entirely accurate; perhaps true re. advance purchase or aaa/caa, but for certain discounted rates such as corporate or friends and family rates, you do indeed earn FF miles.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by politico_pk
I'm not sure this is entirely accurate; perhaps true re. advance purchase or aaa/caa, but for certain discounted rates such as corporate or friends and family rates, you do indeed earn FF miles.
Yes, youre right, I just listed the rates which are regularly available on the website. There are a few other rates which earn miles:

- corporate rates
- summer/winter sale rates (and some other promo rates)
- bookings made through AMEX FHR/Virtuoso/Signature etc.

The family and Friends rate does NOT earn miles, however its not impossible to get lucky every now and then, but one definitely shouldnt expect any miles.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Rate of the Day, Sales which clearly state that miles are offered, and Packages offered through the Fairmont website do earn miles.. Sometimes there are bonus miles offered, but it would be specifically stated in the Terms and Conditions of the particular bonus being offered..

Friends and Family rates do not earn miles.. Corporate rates I do not know.. maybe someone who has used corporate rates can comment.

In my experience, I have never received miles credited on stays solely where Friends and Family rate comprises the entire stay.. I have combined 1 night packages within the stay, and yes you do get miles credited to your account even if say in a stay of 5 nights, 1 night is on a qualifying package.. you do get the miles.. Actually at the Fairmont Orchid last year, I stayed 15 nights, and we did one night on a winter sale which qualified for miles.. we got the miles even though it was one night out of 15 nights.. The balance was friends and family rates..

The reason we combined the one night winter sale within the 15 nights, was that the winter sale also qualified for the sweet suite deal.. and we did end up getting an extra suite upgrade because of the qualifying rate.. and the miles..
Old May 31, 2011, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Rate of the Day, Sales which clearly state that miles are offered, and Packages offered through the Fairmont website do earn miles.. Sometimes there are bonus miles offered, but it would be specifically stated in the Terms and Conditions of the particular bonus being offered..

Friends and Family rates do not earn miles.. Corporate rates I do not know.. maybe someone who has used corporate rates can comment.

In my experience, I have never received miles credited on stays solely where Friends and Family rate comprises the entire stay.. I have combined 1 night packages within the stay, and yes you do get miles credited to your account even if say in a stay of 5 nights, 1 night is on a qualifying package.. you do get the miles.. Actually at the Fairmont Orchid last year, I stayed 15 nights, and we did one night on a winter sale which qualified for miles.. we got the miles even though it was one night out of 15 nights.. The balance was friends and family rates..

The reason we combined the one night winter sale within the 15 nights, was that the winter sale also qualified for the sweet suite deal.. and we did end up getting an extra suite upgrade because of the qualifying rate.. and the miles..
My Corporate Rate (IBM) does earn miles...
Old May 31, 2011, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Question: Booked on the Visa Signature Hotel Collection and Visa rates.. Do these rates earn miles?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question: Booked on the Visa Signature Hotel Collection and Visa rates.. Do these rates earn miles?
Most likely yes. I know for sure AMEX FHR and Virtuoso bookings earn miles, so Id think bookings made through the VISA concierge (or whatever their "premium" travel agency) should earn miles.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Most likely yes. I know for sure AMEX FHR and Virtuoso bookings earn miles, so Id think bookings made through the VISA concierge (or whatever their "premium" travel agency) should earn miles.
Funny.. My wife just got the Amex Platinum AeroplanPlus charge card.. and no FHR..

I guess we have to get the regular Amex Platinum charge card to get FHR..

Otherwise we would have access to FHR rates as well.. That would mean another annual fee of $399 per year.

I assume that you have the regular canadian Amex Platinum charge card since you have access to FHR..
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:56 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I guess we have to get the regular Amex Platinum charge card to get FHR..
Otherwise we would have access to FHR rates as well.. That would mean another annual fee of $399 per year.
If solely for Fairmont, it is hardly worth it. Virtuoso can fill in any fairmont gaps as required.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
If solely for Fairmont, it is hardly worth it. Virtuoso can fill in any fairmont gaps as required.
So pretty much the same mirror deal, Virtuoso and AMEX FHR?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:13 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
So pretty much the same mirror deal, Virtuoso and AMEX FHR?
I think so, but others will argue for FHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.