Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Friends & Family

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by royalflight
What kind of ID do you mean? I did receive this code from an OMERS retiree, so why would Fairmont want to clamp down on this code? It makes no sense, as I may not have gone if the rate was higher. I also spent a fair amount on room service, so they certainly made a profit on me. I would think that a hotel would be bound by their written confirmation when a booking is made on-line. There is certainly no fraud here since Fairmont offered the rate, and I accepted. I think any lawyer would tell you that with offer and acceptance you have a contract.
No. If you use a code to get a discount which is only eligible to a limited number of people, you are bound by the additional T&C associated with this code and have to provide evidence that you´re eligible if requested by the hotel.

For instance, the code "NFFR" was only communicated to OMERS retirees, so you may have to provide evidence you´re eligible. (It may be sufficient to know an OMERS retiree and be able to provide his name and membership number, I don´t know the specifics of this rate)

This is like booking a government rate on the Fairmont website. Fairmont may or may not ask you for proof that you work for the government, but they certainly have the right to ask for it and charge you the rack rate / BAR rate if they want to.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey guys
Newbie with Fairmont, can I check if the F&F rate is still available? last I read it has to be done via an employee through the system.

Wondering if there's a good rate at the new Fairmont in Manila.

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
Hey guys
Newbie with Fairmont, can I check if the F&F rate is still available? last I read it has to be done via an employee through the system.

Wondering if there's a good rate at the new Fairmont in Manila.

Thanks!
The F&F rate still exists, but bookings need to be made by an employee through the employee intranet.

Have you had a look under "promotions" on the Fairmont website? When the hotel recently opened, there were a decent number of good rates and promotions.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Thanks Jasper,
just checked and nothing seems to beat the BAR rate of 9800 + tax

So are there any employees here that I can kindly ask =)
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
Thanks Jasper,
just checked and nothing seems to beat the BAR rate of 9800 + tax

So are there any employees here that I can kindly ask =)
Not that I´m aware of, plus the employees no longer get any kickbacks, so it´s not particularly likely finding a random employee willing to assist.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:58 pm

Ahh I see, no wonder the topic kinda died down.

ok no problem.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies!

Last edited by lsed; Feb 4, 2013 at 11:50 pm
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:59 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Not that I´m aware of, plus the employees no longer get any kickbacks, so it´s not particularly likely finding a random employee willing to assist.
Not that 9800pesos is cheap ($240USD) but for a brand new property that seems pretty decent. Combine it with a Premier 3rd night free certificate and you are closer to $160USD a night.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I am also looking for an employee who might be able to help me with a F&F reservation for Chateau Frontenac in early Aug. I know this is a long shot.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:30 pm

Has anybody booking a friends and family rate noticed that the rate is only available in deluxe rooms now?

I had never seen this before. I was always able to book a Fairmont room under the friends and family rate. The hotel has all categories of Fairmont rooms available for the rack rate on the exact same dates.

It appears the hotel doesn't want you to use free night/3rd night free certificates on these rates anymore. It seems suspicious that I can't get a Fairmont room with the FNF rate when there is a big supply of these rooms with different rates.

Anybody else have any insight?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bedman
Has anybody booking a friends and family rate noticed that the rate is only available in deluxe rooms now?

I had never seen this before. I was always able to book a Fairmont room under the friends and family rate. The hotel has all categories of Fairmont rooms available for the rack rate on the exact same dates.

It appears the hotel doesn't want you to use free night/3rd night free certificates on these rates anymore. It seems suspicious that I can't get a Fairmont room with the FNF rate when there is a big supply of these rooms with different rates.

Have you encountered this at one property only or have you noticed this across the board?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:28 pm

This was at the Scottsdale Princess. No I haven't seen this at other locations. Although I think the CSR indicated that staff bookings had to now be deluxe rooms.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bedman

Within the last couple of months I have made bookings using this rate at 4 different Fairmonts and was able to book a Fairmont room. Two bookings were just made a couple of weeks ago for stays later this year, no problems.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:54 am

I ended up speaking with the reservations manger at the hotel. She 'moved some things around' and was able to change my reservation to a Fairmont room. This also dropped the room rate. 4 nights for the price of 2 at $240 a night in a Casita Suite. Free kids club for my 3 kids. Can't beat that. I used a 3rd night free and a free night certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.