Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Friends & Family

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Fairmont Friends & Family

Anyone used the NFFR code for Friends & Family rates.

Please advise.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The code has been around for awhile.. the source is found here

http://www.omers.com/Retirees/Public...RS_retiree.htm

Like Military, Travel Agent Rates, OMERS code requires you to produce ID.. whether they enforce it depends on the hotel.

What is OMERS?

http://www.omers.com/
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
What is OMERS?
OMERS is one of Canada's largest pension plans, providing pension services to more than 400,000 active and retired members and 928 employers.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
When booking the rate said "Friends and Family" and does not want any ID
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
If you read the article, the article states OMERS "friends and family." Military rates you can also book and does not require ID. I see you're from India.. how's Calcutta nowadays?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:32 pm

If you read the article, the article states OMERS "friends and family." Military rates you can also book and does not require ID. I see you're from India.. how's Calcutta nowadays?
I found the same code at retailmenot. I inquired about the FAF promo going on via facebook (getting FAF discount via contacting fairmont employee on facebook...there's a lengthy post on the topic). Anyway, it was the same price without the facebook hassle. $389 gold signature for $259 in boston. not bad.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jdibber
I found the same code at retailmenot. I inquired about the FAF promo going on via facebook (getting FAF discount via contacting fairmont employee on facebook...there's a lengthy post on the topic). Anyway, it was the same price without the facebook hassle. $389 gold signature for $259 in boston. not bad.
PS new arrival Ancien Maestro started the lengthy thread in Hotel Deals forum about the facebook F&F. @:-)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:20 am
Suspended

My Buddy Young CanuckFlyHigh took the cake though.. He started the NFAF thread that resulted in more than a quarter Million hits.. I'm just trying to keep the ability to book NFAF going.. That's the key, is actually getting a booking NFAF booking that Fairmont will honor a 100% of the time.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just so you are all aware, corporate is aware of the leak on the OMERS code, and has notified staff that they will be dealing with the misuse of it. I would stick to the normal process. (Not to mention, the Fairmont employee gets $10 for making the booking for you, which is a nice gesture to them).

Additionally, official word from Fairmont: The FAF internal employee booking system will be extended through 2011!!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Thanks CFH, that's good news.. Means discounted savings for FTers!.. Mark Canada Day Long Weekend 2011 in your calendar at Banff Springs.. We shall have to tee it up twilight 2 for 1.. Deal on a deal! For fun, I'll bring the Costco Fairmont Golf Gift Card, $80 for $100 cert.. Deal on a deal on a deal!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Additionally, official word from Fairmont: The FAF internal employee booking system will be extended through 2011!!
Giggity!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:29 pm
Suspended

I assume its December 31st, 2011.. I've received questions from various FTers about the extension.. It's great that its' official.. Got my 3 week vacation already lined up in Hawaii.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by sweets61250
Anyone used the NFFR code for Friends & Family rates.

Please advise.
I used the NFFR code for booking Fairmont Gold at the Chateau Laurier about a week ago. I received a subsantially reduced rate even better than CAA or seniors. No ID was required or asked for.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by royalflight
I used the NFFR code for booking Fairmont Gold at the Chateau Laurier about a week ago. I received a subsantially reduced rate even better than CAA or seniors. No ID was required or asked for.
You are using the Omers Retiree code.. so make sure you've got ID on you. If you need access to similar rates, then contact your Fairmont employee friend to take the risk out of your reservation. CFH reports that Fairmont is clamping down on the code.. so there is a greater risk that the reservation may not be honored.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Nov 28, 2010 at 2:50 pm
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:53 pm

You are using the Omers Retiree code.. so make sure you've got ID on you. If you need access to similar rates, then contact your Fairmont employee friend to take the risk out of your reservation. CFH reports that Fairmont is clamping down on the code.. so there is a greater risk that the reservation may not be honored.
What kind of ID do you mean? I did receive this code from an OMERS retiree, so why would Fairmont want to clamp down on this code? It makes no sense, as I may not have gone if the rate was higher. I also spent a fair amount on room service, so they certainly made a profit on me. I would think that a hotel would be bound by their written confirmation when a booking is made on-line. There is certainly no fraud here since Fairmont offered the rate, and I accepted. I think any lawyer would tell you that with offer and acceptance you have a contract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.