Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yla
from history then when pray tell do they release dates for free night certs? thanks in advance
The capacity controls at the Plaza and Savoy are a rather new policy (maybe 1-2 years old), so no pattern I´m aware of. Also, since the launch of the Fairmont Chase CC there´s much more competition for using free night certs, so I wouldn´t count on being able to use your free night certs there.

Based on what I´ve heard each hotel only accepts a very limited number of free night certs each month, and I´ve probably tried a dozen times, and always failed miserably.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
The shame is, now there is lots of CC free night cert given during the whole year, so if you are a regular Plat when you get you certs, the free nights are already gone for the whole year !
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:24 pm

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help clarify when Platinum benefits kick in? I hit platinum status this past week and am confused on when I can start using certificates. Will I get them credited to my account on March 1st, 2013? Or do I have to wait till 2014 for the certificates?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jare
Hi there, I was hoping someone could help clarify when Platinum benefits kick in? I hit platinum status this past week and am confused on when I can start using certificates. Will I get them credited to my account on March 1st, 2013? Or do I have to wait till 2014 for the certificates?

Thanks in advance.
Technically, any stays in the 2013 calendar year will get you Platinum status from March 1, 2014 - Feb. 28, 2015. However, FPC has frequently upgraded members´ status immediately upon qualification, so you´d have Platinum status for two full years. You may however have to call FPC to have the status manually upgraded as the IT system is pretty broken.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Technically, any stays in the 2013 calendar year will get you Platinum status from March 1, 2014 - Feb. 28, 2015. However, FPC has frequently upgraded members´ status immediately upon qualification, so you´d have Platinum status for two full years. You may however have to call FPC to have the status manually upgraded as the IT system is pretty broken.
Wonderful. I'll wait for the stays to show up on my account then call. Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jare
Wonderful. I'll wait for the stays to show up on my account then call. Thanks again.
Did you stay the regular 30 night or 10 stays, or did you get a fast track (like Plat5) ?
I am asking because, if you have 10 stays, you should have qualified for Premier at 5 stays.
With FPC it is good to wait for the Premier certificate before asking for the Plat one, as you will get the 2 bunches...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Did you stay the regular 30 night or 10 stays, or did you get a fast track (like Plat5) ?
I am asking because, if you have 10 stays, you should have qualified for Premier at 5 stays.
With FPC it is good to wait for the Premier certificate before asking for the Plat one, as you will get the 2 bunches...

Fast tracked with the Plat5. Thanks though.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Is there a list anywhere of Fairmont properties and rewards categories. I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE other than screenshots on blogs which only show the category prices--not which hotels are in which categories...
Old Apr 4, 2013, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Is there a list anywhere of Fairmont properties and rewards categories. I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE other than screenshots on blogs which only show the category prices--not which hotels are in which categories...
I assume you´re talking about the ovation cert categories?

http://www.frhi.com/corporateincenti...ds/collections
Old May 16, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I assume you´re talking about the ovation cert categories?

http://www.frhi.com/corporateincenti...ds/collections
What do those categories mean?
Old May 17, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
What do those categories mean?
The category to which a particular Fairmont/Swissotel/Raffles hotel belongs determines how many Fairmont Chase points you need to redeem for an ovation cert (= free night incl. breakfast), e.g. you need 25000 Fairmont Chase points to get one ovation cert for a category A property (Fairmont/standard room category)
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
The capacity controls at the Plaza and Savoy are a rather new policy (maybe 1-2 years old), so no pattern I´m aware of. Also, since the launch of the Fairmont Chase CC there´s much more competition for using free night certs, so I wouldn´t count on being able to use your free night certs there.

Based on what I´ve heard each hotel only accepts a very limited number of free night certs each month, and I´ve probably tried a dozen times, and always failed miserably.
Has anyone on this thread actually succeeded in using free night certificates for the Savoy or Plaza?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by AM6449
Has anyone on this thread actually succeeded in using free night certificates for the Savoy or Plaza?
It's doable but almost impossible

I called in April and the "earliest" NYC Plaza free night availability (using a Free night cert) is Jan/Feb 2014 already

I imagine Savoy would be similar with a waitlist
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
It's doable but almost impossible

I called in April and the "earliest" NYC Plaza free night availability (using a Free night cert) is Jan/Feb 2014 already

I imagine Savoy would be similar with a waitlist
Thanks for the feedback. I was actually told the Savoy has a number of dates available in December, but they're going quickly
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:41 pm

As per my previous post, I hit platinum membership with the Plat5 fast track in February of 2013. I phoned and got all the certificates for 2013 added to my account. I know another member mentioned that I would be a platinum member for 2014 as well. Will I get new certificates in 2014? Or the certificates I got in February for platinum be all I get for two years? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.