Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont President's Club MASTER FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jimmyrayhk
Thanks Jasper for the quick response!

Hmm I guess the question now is, do I think the plat status is worth another stay just to get the status. :-)

I know from my experience some clubs like FPC will upgrade your status even if you are short (Cathay Pacific did this for me last year). I wonder if FPC would do the same, do you think the agents have some leeway in this regard.

Love this forum BTW.
If you were qualifying by the normal way (10 stays / 30 nights) you could maybe have some luck if you were close (like 9 stays 28 nights). But using the Plat5, the number of qualifying nights is already very low so I don't think they will upgrade you if you just have 4 nights. After all you just made 80% of the way.
And yes IMO Plat status worth another night if you can find a stay not too expensive and not too fare from where you are (given the fact you will get a free nights + upgrade certs + 100$ certs, if you can stay for 150$ it worth it)
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks Jasper for the quick response!

Hmm I guess the question now is, do I think the plat status is worth another stay just to get the status. :-)

I know from my experience some clubs like FPC will upgrade your status even if you are short (Cathay Pacific did this for me last year). I wonder if FPC would do the same, do you think the agents have some leeway in this regard.

Love this forum BTW.
Good to hear you like the forum -. feel free to stick around.

I wouldn´t expect FPC to give you Platinum status. If you had stayed 29 instead of 30 night, probably yes, but the Plat 5 promo already makes it ridiculously easy to qualify.

IMO the Plat benefits - $100 dining certs, 2 suite upgrade certs and free night cert - make it a no-brainer to qualify.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Just a quick question, I am currently trying to gain the FPC Plat. status using the 5 night requirement. When I spoke to the agent on the phone she mentioned that I when I booked 2 rooms for a single night that this only counts as 1 night stay. Is that correct or should I actually get credit for two nights?

Thanks for the help.
Counts as only 1 night, if you book 2 rooms on the same night
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:38 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Hello, noob Fairmont Plat here. Just for a clarification, if I book a standard fairmont room through Amex (to use my AMEX platinum $200 travel credit), I can then call Fairmont to use the free night and/or upgrade certs? Or do I have to book through a PC agent?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newbie elite
Hello, noob Fairmont Plat here. Just for a clarification, if I book a standard fairmont room through Amex (to use my AMEX platinum $200 travel credit), I can then call Fairmont to use the free night and/or upgrade certs? Or do I have to book through a PC agent?
Book through Amex and get a confirmation# and call FPC to use your FPC certs. They'll need the confirmation# to bring it up.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newbie elite
No problem at all. Having a confirmation number will speed up the process, though they should be able to retrieve the booking anyway.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:11 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Thank you both for your quick replies! Gotta use up those 2013 benefits before Feb28th!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question dSilver upgrade benefit?

My question is about a new (?) FPC benefit for AP Distinction Silver members:
http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/dsilveraeroplan/
The benefits listed include complimentary upgrade & breakfast! Is this new? If so, does it apply to existing reservations?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
My question is about a new (?) FPC benefit for AP Distinction Silver members:
http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/dsilveraeroplan/
The benefits listed include complimentary upgrade & breakfast! Is this new? If so, does it apply to existing reservations?
Yes, it´s a new benefit. I started a thread here with all the details.

To answer your question: No, not applicable to existing reservations and you need to book a specifi rate in order to receive the benefits.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, it´s a new benefit. I started a thread here with all the details.

To answer your question: No, not applicable to existing reservations and you need to book a specifi rate in order to receive the benefits.
Only Distinction Silver members receive this benefit? How bout Distinction Black or Distinction Diamond. Alas, my wife is Distinction Silver. Sounds like base members get treated better under this promo than elite members do..
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Only Distinction Silver members receive this benefit? How bout Distinction Black or Distinction Diamond. Alas, my wife is Distinction Silver. Sounds like base members get treated better under this promo than elite members do..
No. All Distinction members get this benefit - see the thread I started.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
No. All Distinction members get this benefit - see the thread I started.
I was just reading the T and C off the face value.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:10 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Can I use my Free Suite Cert for a friend, against a booking in their name?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
No. Only Platinum members can do so for immediate family members only.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoY
I see that you're a Plat member

There is a new feature top of the web page when you log into your certificates page. You can try transferring the certificate to your friend, and see what happens. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.