Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Limited Access - Upgrades and Free Night Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Been a number of years I've noticed between the transition of one FPC year to another.. isn't at all friendly who want to book using Upgrades and Free Night Certificates beyond the expiration of the current FPC year. Limited Access is decided by Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Corporate Head office around just before December 31st before the February 28th deadline each FPC year. The result is difficulty booking anything before a new kit is sent out on or just after March 1st of the new program year, and almost impossible to book prior to the blackout days known around December 31st.

Fairmont has tried to bridge this booking anomaly by offering for a number of years now "the Sweet Suite Deal." when a member books between January 15th and April 15th (generally) the Winter Sale or You're an Original Winter Promo, you receive a suite upgrade as a thank you.

A strategy used by seasoned Platinum and Premier veterans is to take advantage of this deal by "loading" up on the number of suite upgrades one would want during the course of an FPC year.. a mattress run of sorts. Better yet, stay in a suite using a suite upgrade that is in possession, and get another. So the hot spot would be to save a few certs from the previous year, or when the new kit arrives, stay as much as possible before the April 15th deadline in suites, and the member would receive as many suite upgrades as they would stays under the promo.

To book before December 31st for stays after March 1st, and FPCer must call up concierge (premier or platinum reservation line) and arrange with each specific hotel special approval to do so. Two requirements would be needed for a successful special arrangement. The first is that you are qualified as a premier or platinum member for the next upcoming FPC year, thus certificates earned by a member is available for redemption. The second requirement is there must be high probability that an FPC member is booking outside the blackout periods. Reservations becomes a bit of a shooting gallery.. best suggestion to Fairmont is to keep it simple.. More bookings, the more business..

One suggestion would be to accept current year upgrade/free night certificates for bookings after the February 28th expiry at time of reservation. The rewards have been earned, and members wishing to book for March/April ahead of time, would have the opportunity. Currently certificates are redeemed upon arrival.. why not give the member permission to redeem the certificate(s) upon arrival so long as the certificate has been accounted prior to the expiry date. Sometimes flights are hard to get, and last minute flights are somewhat pricey. A little more opportunity for a loyal FPC member to plan trips will result in increased business and increased loyalty for years to come.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Aug 25, 2010 at 11:13 pm
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:59 pm

I just called the platimum hotline and trying to use 3 suites upgrade vouchers consecutively at the end of December, and they told me that they need to call or e-mail to the hotel and find out whether they have suite to upgrade me for all 15 nights. BTW, can they reject my request? What should I do? It is quite frustrated if I cannot use the voucher and no suite available.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Unfortunately there are blackout dates for quite a few Fairmonts towards the end of December and 1st of January. Here is the link for reference.. double check with concierge for up to date blackouts..

https://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPC/LimitedAccess

I tried the Fairmont Orchid for the same period.. basically need special approval.. they are very strict to give approvals at all. There are hotels in California that will accept the suite upgrade during this period.. so that may be a good destination to explore if you have a family travelling with you.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:47 pm

AM, Thank you for the black out dates, I have been able to redeem my suite upgrades with the hotel's central reservation center; however, they cannot confirm the type of suite that I am getting. They told me that I can find out 3-4 days before my arrival.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Reservations usually gives out a guaranteed room reservation.. did they at least let you know what the minimum suite type is going to be.. What hotel did you book?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:25 pm

I booked it with Fairmont Singapore, I just don't want to move from room to room and I only want to stay at the South Tower.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I've never been, but would like to visit.. minimum suite you should receive is about 800 sq ft. Login to your profile, click on your reservation, and the reservation should label which room they've booked for you minimally.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 4:52 pm

It indicated Plaza View King, but I want to confirm Plaza View double bed room for the whole 2 weeks, so I really don't know how it works. I read some thread that member had mentioned different suites offered before the week of arrival. Isn't that they can dump you down if no Plaza View available?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 9:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Plaza View Suites

Accentuated with luxurious and stylish touches, and a favourite with celebrities with its high ceilings and expansive space. Plaza View suites are perfect for both business and leisure travelers, offering guests a choice of 1 or 2-bedroom unit, connected by an adjoining lounge. These Suites are equipped with a large working desk, dual-line phones and High Speed Internet Access and private balcony with Singapore skyline views.

Executive Club privileges are extended to all guests residing in Plaza View Suites, including complimentary daily breakfast and evening cocktail hour.

Size: 76 sq. m.

To view website suite offerings, click on the following url:

http://www.fairmont.com/singapore/Ac...tm?WBCMODE=%2f

__________________________________________________ ______________

You're guaranteed into a 800+ sq ft suite minimum.. you may get a better suite at check-in based on other FTer experiences. You're getting a King sized bed based on the reservation you've made.. you can put in a request for a double queen or whatever is available. Note that hotels generally have King Size beds in their suites, and the hotel may get handcuffed if you have a bedding preference, as not all bedding configurations may be available to you within a suite.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
A couple of hours ago, I just booked my wife last minute at Fairmont Singapore for a stay tonight. She was confirmed a Junior Penthouse Suite.^
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:34 am

Is that junior Penthouse suite higher than Plaza View? Is that in the South Tower or North Tower? I hope your wife enjoy the stay.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Junior Suites are a bit bigger, but I believe its' an open concept, as opposed to having a seperate bedroom.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by singhotdeal
Is that junior Penthouse suite higher than Plaza View? Is that in the South Tower or North Tower? I hope your wife enjoy the stay.
Yes, the Junior Penthouse Suite costs more than the Plaza View Suite if you want to pay for it. But I prefer the Plaza View Suite because of the view.

My wife is checking out today. According to her, her room is on the 26th floor of the South Tower.

We were once given the Penthouse suite at this property as a compensation because of their screwup.^ Now THIS suite is nice.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:29 am

Good to hear the positive comment, I guess I should request to stay at Plaza View Suite then. Can anyone tell me how the free night certificate works for the platimum? If I use 5 nights Suite upgrade, can I book the the 6th day with the free night certificate and getting the Suite on the 6th day as well or I need to use it within the 5 night period stay? Please advice.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by singhotdeal
Good to hear the positive comment, I guess I should request to stay at Plaza View Suite then. Can anyone tell me how the free night certificate works for the platimum? If I use 5 nights Suite upgrade, can I book the the 6th day with the free night certificate and getting the Suite on the 6th day as well or I need to use it within the 5 night period stay? Please advice.
Technically you need to use it within the 5day period as the suite upgrade ert only is good for a 5night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.