Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swissotel Shanghai Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by qingqiaowang
Has anyone stayed in either of these 2 suites? Any review or picture to share? Coming to Shanghai next Month and will stay here...
Please take some pix and post them here!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
I will. We, 4 adults and 1 kid, will have one pinnacle and one executive suites. Not sure if there's a dining table for 5 in one of these suites since we'd like to have meals together...

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Please take some pix and post them here!

Last edited by qingqiaowang; Apr 18, 2010 at 1:12 am
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
For anyone who has stayed at the hotel -- is there a true difference in amenities between the classic and premier room types? Or is the only difference the floor the room is on?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
For anyone who has stayed at the hotel -- is there a true difference in amenities between the classic and premier room types? Or is the only difference the floor the room is on?
http://www.fairmont.com/peacehotel/A...published%2527

Fairmont Room
Fairmont Rooms are elegant dcor courtyard facing accommodations featuring high ceilings, 4 piece marble bath, and large closets. The rooms offer a coffee table, soft seating, writing desk with chair, HSIA, mp3 docking station, and flat-screen television.

Bed Type: One King or Two Queen Beds
Size: 49 sq m (527 sq ft)
View: Courtyard view

Deluxe Room

Deluxe Rooms are luxurious exterior facing accommodations featuring high ceilings, 4 piece marble bath, and large closets. The rooms offer a coffee table, soft seating, writing desk with chair, HSIA, and mp3 docking station, and flat-screen television.

Bed Type: One King or Two Queen Beds
Size: 45 sq m (484 sq ft)
View: City view

Guest room amenities and features:

All hotel rooms at the Fairmont Peace Hotel offer the following amenities:

Air-conditioning
Alarm clock-radio
Flat panel TV
HSIA
Iron and Ironing board
Mini-bar
MP3 docking stations
Pillows - Goose-down or hypo-allergenic
In-room Safe - designed to store a laptop
Daily housekeeping service
Bathrobes
Bathroom Scale
Hair dryer
Make-up Mirror
Telephone
Miller Harris toiletries

* Please note, the photos above are representative of the hotel room categories. Actual rooms may vary from what is shown.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I havent stayed there, but the main difference seems to the view.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Weird that the standard room is larger than the Deluxe room.. Usually its the other way around.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Thanks Ancien Maestro but this thread is on the Swissotel Shanghai not the Fairmont Peace hotel. If anyone has stayed at the Swissotel Shanghai and can tell me from personal experience if there is difference in amenities between the Classic and Premier rooms I'd appreciate the input. The website indicates same room size and amenities listed are about the same the only difference seems to be the floor/view. Appreciate personal experience before I book.
Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Thanks Ancien Maestro but this thread is on the Swissotel Shanghai not the Fairmont Peace hotel. If anyone has stayed at the Swissotel Shanghai and can tell me from personal experience if there is difference in amenities between the Classic and Premier rooms I'd appreciate the input. The website indicates same room size and amenities listed are about the same the only difference seems to be the floor/view. Appreciate personal experience before I book.
Thanks.
Yes, this is an odd thread in a Fairmont Forum. Best of luck.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thanks.
The rooms are the exact same size. The Premier rooms have a cappuccino machine, and nicer amentities. The bathroom is layed out differently, and I believe you get access to the club lounge on the top floor, which is the real kicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.