Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:34 pm

This is the most hilariously petty feud that also perfectly sums up the FT/miles and points crowd I've ever seen. I don't know whether to laugh or to... laugh
Old Jul 7, 2023, 3:19 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
I have asked privately and now am forced to ask publicly: Please remove me from the speaker list at this event. Thank you, Dia Adams
Old Jul 7, 2023, 5:28 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
This is the most hilariously petty feud that also perfectly sums up the FT/miles and points crowd I've ever seen. I don't know whether to laugh or to... laugh
Sums up the FT/miles and points crowd ever since bloggers poisoned the space would be more accurate. FT do's (where information was exchanged freely and events fun) were/are the complete opposite of this in spirit and execution.

But the game and crowd has changed so here we are.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:26 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
I have asked privately and now am forced to ask publicly: Please remove me from the speaker list at this event. Thank you, Dia Adams
Thank you for the clarification, Dia!

With the exception of @RapidTravelChai / Stefan, have any of the speakers currently listed here publicly confirmed they're actually speaking at the event? If you're on FT and speaking at the event taking place at Delta Hotels please let us know.
KathinJax and FlyerJT like this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:32 pm

I, for one and am enjoying the train wreck. [redacted] to the organizers and their [redacted] requirements for prior events. Hope your event (both of them) burn!

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 8, 2023 at 1:48 am Reason: FT Rule 12.1
Old Jul 9, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, MR
Hotel booking link

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
The booking link is emailed to ticket holders. The rate is $129/night. Bookings include breakfast for 1 guest. If you have a breakfast benefit from Marriott Bonvoy status, that will apply as far as breakfast for member + 1 guest.

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago Willowbrook, 7800 Kingery Highway, Willowbrook, IL, 60527

Staying at the host hotel is recommended.

Notice: the host hotel does not have an airport shuttle. We are working on ideas with the venue and sponsors to assist with transport, however you should expect some transport cost. The venue is a little closer to Chicago Midway than Chicago O'Hare.
Hi Steffan, I still have not received the booking link for the hotel, I registered July 5th and received my confirmation. How can I get the hotel booking information? Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:22 pm

You're allowing the unvaxxed to attend this year! Surprise, surprise!!
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Does Marriott have any promotions attendees could take advantage of?
Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by bdeg
Hi Steffan, I still have not received the booking link for the hotel, I registered July 5th and received my confirmation. How can I get the hotel booking information? Thanks!
Is this event still happening? The organizer seems to be unresponsive.
Mrp Alert and FlyerJT like this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Hello! What happened to this event? There has been no communications and ZERO updates since July 5th. People planning flights and making plans need to know!
HAS THIS EVENT BEEN CANCELLED?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 7:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Let's hope both parties are back on speaking terns and let bygones be bygones

But i guess the SEPT 2023 Delta Skymiles onslaught/culling has kept everyone busy or needing to adapt their presentations/content
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Hello! What happened to this event? There has been no communications and ZERO updates since July 5th. People planning flights and making plans need to know!
LMAO! Does this surprise anyone? Should it surprise anyone? If anyone is surprised given Stefan’s poor handling of the past two Chicago Seminars, then shame on you for thinking you’d receive great communication. The dude repeatedly promoted this event with speakers who already informed him of their intention to speak at the other conference. I know this is Stefan’s stomping grounds, but wake up and realize that Stefan obviously has far more important things to do than communicate about a silly travel conference that people are flying in from out of town and overpaying for the product he is promoting. He may truly care, but my god there’s something missing with his ability to communicate. We all get busy, of course, but most of us don’t tout ourselves as expert event planners with great communication skills when we are apparently terrible at planning events and beyond egregious in our communication abilities. Again, he may truly care about the attendees and this event, but actions speaker louder than words… and it’s now time for Stefan to just let this event go and stop being petty and allow the other event’s organizers do what is best for Chicago Seminars and all attendees going. I’m sure there’s other motivations for Stefan to run this event aside from actually running this event… because he’s doing a terrible job at some of the most basic responsibilities associated with event planning. The lack of a voice from Stefan or anyone else associated with this event, assuming there are others, is comical and quite deafening.

Ask for a refund (and hope you actually get one) then go book yourself at the other event: https://chicagoseminars.org

Last edited by jibi; Sep 22, 2023 at 8:52 pm
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Originally Posted by joliebrune
Is this event still happening? The organizer seems to be unresponsive.
Originally Posted by bdeg
Now you all know how the organizers of this year’s Chicago Seminars @ The Holiday Inn felt for six months. Everyone (even the hotel) was trying to get in touch for months to sign a contract because the hotel was going to give the venue away to another group, meaning there would be no more Chicago Seminars.

While we cannot comment on the status of the event at the Delta Hotel, we can confirm Chicago Seminars @ The Holiday Inn is happening. A confirmed speaker list can be found on the website.

www.chicagoseminars.org
FlyerJT and AwardTravelers like this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Let's hope both parties are back on speaking terns and let bygones be bygones
I did not know that terns could speak — or that they can be mounted.
SPN Lifer, jackal, HadesNL and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 6:01 pm

Looks like this event is now hosting a $13/$26 "Chicago Seminars Variety Show".

2nd Chicago Seminars Variety Show
First held in 2020 during the pandemic, the Chicago Seminars Variety Show is a lighthearted program of fast-paced segments on miles and points. We have consistently heard requests for more online events.

The 2nd edition has gone hybrid, with an in-person and online program on Friday, October 13, 2023 from 11 am - 5 pm CDT at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago Willowbrook.

Tickets are $13 for online and $26 for in-person.

Existing Chicago Seminars ticket holders have complimentary access to the Variety Show. New ticket purchases can select the All Access combo ticket to bundle the Variety Show with the Seminars.
Source Link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.