Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
I'm shocked Flyertalk is allowing this thread to continue.
I would argue the opposite: feel free to comment and question thereby giving potential participants a chance to form an educated opinion before deciding to sign up for the event.
GUWonder and Xyzzy like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Wow. October 13-15, 2023 is one busy weekend.

David
Majuki and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:36 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Removed...I see now.

Last edited by Long Train Runnin; Jul 4, 2023 at 11:45 am
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
Speaker List

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
More speakers to be announced:
I'm just posting/quoting this list for posterity.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
This is a very weird situation...two separate Chicago Seminars on the same weekend.

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @The Holiday Inn - October 13-15, 2023: The Original
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Stefan, your inclusion of me for your competing event is wrong and unacceptable. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that your inclusion of me as a speaker on Facebook, FlyerTalk, and other modes of publicity was merely an oversight. Please issue a public correction, as your message could mislead people into believing I will be there. Please let me know when you have made the correction.

Thanks,
Marty
lbbzman, Adam1222, miffSC and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
More speakers to be announced:
Heads up FlyerTalk community: Neither Katie nor I will be speaking at this event.

Stefan was aware of this fact before publishing this post, yet he still included us.
lbbzman, Adam1222, miffSC and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
This speaker list is insanely misleading. I'm shocked Flyertalk is allowing this thread to continue. It's bordering on flat out fraud at this point.
I thought flat out fraud was the whole point of travel blogging credit card shilling.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Bullchan
What’s the cancellation policy for the hotel? I used the supplied link for the group rate and made it to the check out screen but did not see any reference to its cancellation policy.
Thank you for spotting that and alerting me. I have an inquiry to the hotel. It should be fixed on July 5.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Is the attendee list accurate? These are the organizers of the other event, so I am surprised that they are speakers here.
I updated to this new thread last night based on speakers that had either responded to re-confirm or had not as yet responded with a new decline to the registration email. I do not assume speakers are not speaking unless they notify me directly. Down the thread it appears two speakers are using this forum as their response, so I am noting it as such and removing them from the list.
SPN Lifer and dr88 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

This speaker list is insanely misleading. I'm shocked Flyertalk is allowing this thread to continue. It's bordering on flat out fraud at this point.
See my other replies. The process is a speaker previously confirmed for an event that is dropping out tell me directly, which two speakers did not do. I do not remove people based on assumptions.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Marty,

You have been removed from the event, per your request. Perhaps 2024 will be brighter and have you back.

Regards,

Stefan

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Stefan, your inclusion of me for your competing event is wrong and unacceptable. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that your inclusion of me as a speaker on Facebook, FlyerTalk, and other modes of publicity was merely an oversight. Please issue a public correction, as your message could mislead people into believing I will be there. Please let me know when you have made the correction.

Thanks,
Marty
dr88 and ChrisFlyer66 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

I take this as your notification that you will not be speaking and have removed you and Katie from the event.

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Heads up FlyerTalk community: Neither Katie nor I will be speaking at this event.

Stefan was aware of this fact before publishing this post, yet he still included us.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Indeed it is. Maybe by 2024 we will go full multiverse. Two flavors to choose from for 2023.

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
This is a very weird situation...two separate Chicago Seminars on the same weekend.

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @The Holiday Inn - October 13-15, 2023: The Original
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

ZorkFest, too.

And a lunar eclipse October 14.

Originally Posted by DELee
Wow. October 13-15, 2023 is one busy weekend.

David
DELee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.