Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

site like Loyalty Lobby without Sebastian Powell?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:27 am
Original Poster

I like the deals presented by Loyalty Lobby, but Sebastian Powell is the biggest jerk on earth (the epitome of entitled white foreigner, wherever he travels).
Any sites like that but without the annoying writer?
Savage25, awaywego1 and msp3 like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I like the deals presented by Loyalty Lobby, but Sebastian Powell is the biggest jerk on earth (the epitome of entitled white foreigner, wherever he travels).
Any sites like that but without the annoying writer?

At this point with sites using multiple writers, probably not.

David
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Karma almost caught up with Sebastian in Bali. I wish him no harm, but think In due time, authorities somewhere else won't be as gentle about his embellishing facts, calling someplace a hellhole, getting a full refund for something frivolous, or negative comments about people of other races/cultures. In the meantime, it appears that John favors the attention of Seb's posts over any concerns about his content.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I find great use for LoyaltyLobby, but mainly from the stuff John posts. The Sebastian P stuff seems to be there sort of like some of the stuff VFTW puts up to run up an audience.
HadesNL and josephstern like this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I read LoyaltyLobby’s blog the way I take a look at a car accident, with dismay and embarrassment.

To me, LoyaltyLobby is a bit like a frequent flyer who has turned into Frankenstein.

His business model is quite simple: stay en masse at very cheap hotels (Mexico, Thailand), combining corporate rates and credit card promotions, so that from time to time - and things are obviously becoming increasingly difficult with inflation on even the cheapest rates and Rewards dynamic pricing -, he can book with points rooms at more luxurious hotels. All to satisfy his inflated ego.

To earn even more points, Professor Frankenstein has opened the Compensation Clinic: a 5-minute wait for breakfast? Compensation Clinic! An air-conditioning system scandalously set at 24 degrees Celsius to meet environmental requirements (the least of his worries)? Compensation Clinic.

Of course, some hoteliers shun him like the plague, deliver only the bare minimum guaranteed (which generates his fury) and don't even deign to respond to his unfounded complaints.

We might wonder about his sad life, made up of Excel spreadsheets to optimise hard-earned stays and flights, dinners at airport and Hilton Garden Inn lounges. Nights spent at boring cheap hotels.

What's the point?

At least not to inform the blog's readers: some of the articles are copied and pasted from those in OneMileAtATime, and the hotel reviews are just a boring video that begins with a door slamming, a view of the toilets, then a guided tour with clever comments such as: "And here's the television, of course".

Don’t you think that LoyaltyLobby has only one member, since the videos are always made by the same person with the horrid voice. And that the names are not the real ones, to avoid any checks on loyalty programme accounts?
olivedel, Adam1222 and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
It’s hard to summarize better 😊
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I read LoyaltyLobby’s blog the way I take a look at a car accident, with dismay and embarrassment.

To me, LoyaltyLobby is a bit like a frequent flyer who has turned into Frankenstein.

His business model is quite simple: stay en masse at very cheap hotels (Mexico, Thailand), combining corporate rates and credit card promotions, so that from time to time - and things are obviously becoming increasingly difficult with inflation on even the cheapest rates and Rewards dynamic pricing -, he can book with points rooms at more luxurious hotels. All to satisfy his inflated ego.

To earn even more points, Professor Frankenstein has opened the Compensation Clinic: a 5-minute wait for breakfast? Compensation Clinic! An air-conditioning system scandalously set at 24 degrees Celsius to meet environmental requirements (the least of his worries)? Compensation Clinic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4H3m3Ew

Of course, some hoteliers shun him like the plague, deliver only the bare minimum guaranteed (which generates his fury) and don't even deign to respond to his unfounded complaints.

We might wonder about his sad life, made up of Excel spreadsheets to optimise hard-earned stays and flights, dinners at airport and Hilton Garden Inn lounges. Nights spent at boring cheap hotels.

What's the point?

At least not to inform the blog's readers: some of the articles are copied and pasted from those in OneMileAtATime, and the hotel reviews are just a boring video that begins with a door slamming, a view of the toilets, then a guided tour with clever comments such as: "And here's the television, of course".

Don’t you think that LoyaltyLobby has only one member, since the videos are always made by the same person with the horrid voice. And that the names are not the real ones, to avoid any checks on loyalty programme accounts?
I've always wondered if bloggers are actually using their real names.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:38 pm

Sebastian Powell just made a compensation clinic post. He was able to extort Alila KL for 5k points because his room temperature was set at 20°, not at 18° per his request. Also the battery in the tv remote was missing which made it “impossible” to shut off the bright tv. 😂🤣😂🤣 could’ve easily looked for the button on the tv or pulled the power plug off..

I don’t know why John keeps him.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/11/19/...tion/#comments
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:00 am

I'm more amazed how the major hotel chains have not fired him as a customer yet
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
These people are a shame for the whole hospitality industry. They just remind me of this episode of Friends, where Ross gets as much amenities as possible, just because he paid for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.