Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live and Lets Fly [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
So either he isn't getting anywhere with SWISS/Aeroplan or he's negotiating a nice settlement with a NDA. I'm assuming the latter considering he'd otherwise be blogging day and night about how right he is and how wrong they are.
I may well have missed recent activity, but I think the last action he took was sending in a demand letter to Aeroplan. Aeroplan acknowledged receipt but he hasn't said anything about having received a substantive reply yet. I wouldn't think that either party would be contemplating a settlement yet at this stage, but I could be wrong. I'm betting Aeroplan slow rolls but eventually responds basically telling him to pound sand.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I may well have missed recent activity, but I think the last action he took was sending in a demand letter to Aeroplan. Aeroplan acknowledged receipt but he hasn't said anything about having received a substantive reply yet. I wouldn't think that either party would be contemplating a settlement yet at this stage, but I could be wrong. I'm betting Aeroplan slow rolls but eventually responds basically telling him to pound sand.
You mean some dishonest pro se yutz trying to get a windfall off a mistake isnt the priority concern of Aeroplan's legal team????
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:07 am

Commenters are trying to divine hidden meanings behind this post. Kind of interesting reading the comments, though not much by way of responses by the blogger.

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ensation-help/
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:35 am

Commenters are trying to divine hidden meanings behind this post. Kind of interesting reading the comments, though not much by way of responses by the blogger.

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ensation-help/
The squeaky pig gets the grease. Or something.
84fiero likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if airline loses a lawsuit, it does not cost them much, and their response will be to massively devalue programs
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
if airline loses a lawsuit, it does not cost them much, and their response will be to massively devalue programs
the lawsuit he threatened had nothing to do with frequent flyer programs.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some class action lawsuits are basically to get a company to stop doing something

when the company does stop, they may do something else including a 'devaluation'
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
some class action lawsuits are basically to get a company to stop doing something

when the company does stop, they may do something else including a 'devaluation'
Thank you for that lesson.

I once ate a snail.
84fiero and gpeso8 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:47 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
SMH. There's 5 minutes of my life wasted...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:59 pm

Matthew from Live and Let's Fly publicly shaming a child online

I saw this blog post earlier today from Matthew / Live and Let's Fly about a young child who he fairly describes as a "maniac".

I have no objections to the thrust of his article, the child's behaviour was totally unacceptable and the experience sounds awful.

What is more objectionable however is that he has chosen to publicly shame this child by posting ten pictures of him in the article with his full face visible. The child appears to be under 10.

Matthew outlines in the blog that he blames the parents and the child is not responsible, yet despite this he has decided to broadcast this child's picture all over his blog. No attempt is made to protect the child's privacy and the photos are not used only to illustrate the situation.

Now, everyone makes misjudgements sometimes, but in this case a number of people have questioned in the comments section whether it is appropriate to publicly shame this child without blurring his face to protect his identity. In every instance Matthew has defended his decision by saying things like this child has "forfeited his right to privacy." It's somewhat questionable logic for him to assert that this isn't the child's fault however the child has the capacity to forfeit his right to privacy.

My personal view is that this is necessary at best and frankly unethical. In some jurisdictions it would be illegal.

What does the forum think?
84fiero and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
He’s advocating for physically beating the child who looks to be between 4-7 years of age.

Depending on the country, being documented for using “the rod of correction” on a child may be a fast-track to going to jail.

The photos do make the point that the kid really was all over where he shouldn’t have been.

I take more issue with his advocacy for violence against a child — and I won’t buy any excuse trying to deny that is what his blog is calling for too when it comes to the photographed child — than I do with the photographs, since the photos do indeed illustrate and make the story less deniable that the kid really was bouncing around where he shouldn’t be.

Given what I read, it sounds like he has a toddler of his own and goes to Germany at times. The “rod of correction” being used on a child — even one’s own child — may be illegal in Germany. Something he should keep in mind. No less so if his child is also a German citizen.
gpeso8 likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 16, 2019 at 6:38 pm
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:57 pm

Wow, way to online-bully a child - and for what? The clicks? Posting multiple un-censored pics of the kid? And then the name-calling..."demon-possessed? It may be legal but it's petulant and crass. I'd rather have that child in front of me than this blogger. The superficial manner in which he shames the child while pretending to blame the parents is pathetic.

Unfortunately, this kind of nasty, sanctimonious, bullying is par for the course with this blog. I understand the frustration with the situation and wouldn't have been happy either, but this was not the way to go about venting. He should have censored or blurred the face - really bizarre not to have done so, as it isn't pertinent to the "story". Though that doesn't help what he wrote.
Adam1222 and Beltway2A like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
He’s advocating for physically beating the child who looks to be between 4-7 years of age.

Depending on the country, being documented for using “the rod of correction” on a child may be a fast-track to going to jail.

The photos do make the point that the kid really was all over where he shouldn’t have been.

I take more issue with his advocacy for violence against a child — and I won’t buy any excuse trying to deny that is what his blog is calling for too when it comes to the photographed child — than I do with the photographs, since the photos do indeed illustrate and make the story less deniable that the kid really was bouncing around where he shouldn’t be.

Given what I read, it sounds like he has a toddler of his own and goes to Germany at times. The “rod of correction” being used on a child — even one’s own child — may be illegal in Germany. Something he should keep in mind. No less so if his child is also a German citizen.
I didn't really take that in when I was reading it, but I agree that the advocacy of violence isn't appropriate either. Although I think that it's the pictures that are more likely to have an actual impact on the child.

I agree that the pictures illustrate the situation well, but they would have illustrated it just as well if he hadn't shown the child's face.

Unfortunately, this kind of nasty, sanctimonious, bullying is par for the course with this blog. I understand the frustration with the situation and wouldn't have been happy either, but this was not the way to go about venting. He should have censored or blurred the face - really bizarre not to have done so, as it isn't pertinent to the "story". Though that doesn't help what he wrote.
I hadn't noticed that in the past about this blog, but given this article and the attitude of the blogger I will be doing my best to avoid visiting the site going forward.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The pictures have been edited now. Nice clickbait to punch his pageview numbers up for July.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:20 am

While I'm glad that they may have been covered up now, if it was just about getting some extra views up that's even more deplorable.

I think I will stick with avoiding that site in the future.
84fiero likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.