FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live and Lets Fly [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:27 am
Theirin

Originally Posted by GUWonder
He’s advocating for physically beating the child who looks to be between 4-7 years of age.

Depending on the country, being documented for using “the rod of correction” on a child may be a fast-track to going to jail.

The photos do make the point that the kid really was all over where he shouldn’t have been.

I take more issue with his advocacy for violence against a child — and I won’t buy any excuse trying to deny that is what his blog is calling for too when it comes to the photographed child — than I do with the photographs, since the photos do indeed illustrate and make the story less deniable that the kid really was bouncing around where he shouldn’t be.

Given what I read, it sounds like he has a toddler of his own and goes to Germany at times. The “rod of correction” being used on a child — even one’s own child — may be illegal in Germany. Something he should keep in mind. No less so if his child is also a German citizen.
I didn't really take that in when I was reading it, but I agree that the advocacy of violence isn't appropriate either. Although I think that it's the pictures that are more likely to have an actual impact on the child.

I agree that the pictures illustrate the situation well, but they would have illustrated it just as well if he hadn't shown the child's face.

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Unfortunately, this kind of nasty, sanctimonious, bullying is par for the course with this blog. I understand the frustration with the situation and wouldn't have been happy either, but this was not the way to go about venting. He should have censored or blurred the face - really bizarre not to have done so, as it isn't pertinent to the "story". Though that doesn't help what he wrote.
I hadn't noticed that in the past about this blog, but given this article and the attitude of the blogger I will be doing my best to avoid visiting the site going forward.