8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2017.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). Host hotel is SOLD OUT.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E.
Print Wikipost

8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all of the info Sharon!

Depending on which flight I come in on (scheduled to arrive at 11:50 am, but may take the earlier connection out of ATL), I'll definitely try to join everyone for lunch!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:52 am

Will be buying 2 tickets today if anyone needs to transfer their unused ones.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I'll plan to meet everyone for lunch Friday also.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Charity Raffle/Chicago Seminar Event

Wow - time flies! Looking forward to seeing several hundred miles/points junkies this weekend! And I'm sure you all are looking forward to me saying Friday through Sunday, Ge-e-t your charity raffle tickets, ge-e-t your charity raffle tickets!

Prizes

Once again we'll have great prizes such as free hotel nights, Kindles & more! One of the prizes this year will be all the meeting planner points earned for meals and rooms booked thru the links provided for this seminar event. Last year it was 146,000 PC points. Tres cool!

Credit Cards & Cash

Yes we will accept credit cards*, so those using credit cards will get miles/points. So polish up those cards & figure out which ones you need to spend $$ on to earn your sign-up bonuses .

In addition, we also accept US cash. We no longer accept foreign currency since so many switched to credit cards & the small amount of foreign currency collected reduced the amount donated to charity after we paid conversion fees to US currency.

Remember, the more you donate the more tickets you get & the more that goes to charity!

What if you won't be at the actual drawing Sunday morning?

For those who won't be at the actual raffle - whether to sleeping in from Saturday night's revelry or who have to catch a flight - never fear. We've got you covered! You can still donate and we'll write your Flyertalk handle or cell number on the tickets. If your ticket/handle/cell # gets pulled for a prize, I'll contact you via PM (if you are registered on Flyertalk) or cell phone to arrange shipment of said prize post-event. For those who are unable to attend the seminar event itself but would still like to donate/be entered into the charity raffle drawing, PM me.

If you would like to donate a prize to the charity raffle

If you have something you would like to donate to the charity raffle as a prize, please PM me asap! Last year people donated AA & UA Systemwide upgrades, airline lounge passes, clothing w/ airline logos, gift cards, etc.

Volunteers needed to help w/ raffle ticket sales

Yes I'll need volunteers to help w/ ticket sales and/or distributing prizes on Sunday. Volunteers do not miss any sessions, as sales occur in between sessions. If you're interested in volunteering w/ charity raffle whether w/ ticket sales or handing out prizes, PM me asap!

The charities

We pick 3 great charities each year, and monies raised are divided between them. The charities are:

* Airline Ambassadors International (www.airlineamb.org),
* Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund (http://www.dahlfund.org/)
* Semper Fi Fund (www.semperfifund.org)

You all totally rock!

We owe it all to you, our generous travel junkie attendees. Each year we've beat the previous record of what was donated. Let the FT Chicago Seminar Event Charity Raffle tradition continue!

* Hopefully this year I'll get the Chase Sapphire card to swipe smoothly so I don't have to yell HOWIE each time!

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 19, 2017 at 4:14 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Sharon excellent points.
May I make a strong suggestion thatall bring a note book and pen ? Info flows fast at times, companies or websites maybe mentioned etc....
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by HMPS
Sharon excellent points.
May I make a strong suggestion thatall bring a note book and pen ? Info flows fast at times, companies or websites maybe mentioned etc....
This is an excellent suggestion. If you forget, you can buy a notebook across the street at the Office Max/Depot.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
That's exactly what I was thinking. To bring a notebook will be very handy.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:52 am

BTW - if there's anyone who lives in the Chicago downtown area attending the seminar event, I could use a ride to Union Station Sunday aft (or anyone who will be staying downtown on Sunday night/has a car). Would save me doing the hotel shuttle to ORD, then the blue line to downtown & then walk to Union Station. Send me a PM if you'd be willing to give me a ride. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:55 am

Charity Raffle Ticket Prices

Charity Raffle Ticket Prices

1 Ticket for $5
3 Tickets for $10
7 Tickets for $20
18 Tickets for $50
30 Tickets for $75
43 Tickets for $100

So warm up those credit cards or bring cash!!

The drawing is Sunday morning. If you won't be there Sunday you can still buy tickets. If you win I'll mail you the prize afterwards.

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:57 am

Someone asked about twitter hashtag. Last year people used #chicagoseminars so assuming that will be it for this year as well.

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Wishing everyone the best for a successful and fun gathering in Chicago. I wish I could join you! The good news is, we just closed on a home Monday and the longest relocation and job change in the history of mankind is finally coming to a close. Hope to see you at the next one!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by MJonTravel
Wishing everyone the best for a successful and fun gathering in Chicago. I wish I could join you! The good news is, we just closed on a home Monday and the longest relocation and job change in the history of mankind is finally coming to a close. Hope to see you at the next one!
Congrats on the house closing! Hope to see you next year!

Cheers.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - if there's anyone who lives in the Chicago downtown area attending the seminar event, I could use a ride to Union Station Sunday aft (or anyone who will be staying downtown on Sunday night/has a car). Would save me doing the hotel shuttle to ORD, then the blue line to downtown & then walk to Union Station. Send me a PM if you'd be willing to give me a ride. Thx!

Cheers.
If you're not able to obtain a ride all the way downtown, I might suggest trying the Metra from Wood Dale or Bensenville. It doesn't run as frequently especially on Sundays (check the times for the Milwaukee District West line at metrarail.com), but if the times work for you it's arguably easier. 10 minute car ride from the hotel, which may make it easier to catch a ride from someone, or worst case ~$8 Uber... and then the train takes you right into Union Station. Nicer and more comfortable than CTA too.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
If you're not able to obtain a ride all the way downtown, I might suggest trying the Metra from Wood Dale or Bensenville. It doesn't run as frequently especially on Sundays (check the times for the Milwaukee District West line at metrarail.com), but if the times work for you it's arguably easier. 10 minute car ride from the hotel, which may make it easier to catch a ride from someone, or worst case ~$8 Uber... and then the train takes you right into Union Station. Nicer and more comfortable than CTA too.
Ok. If anyone is from the Chicago area & can give me a ride to Wood Dale or Bensenville or downtown to Union Station on Sunday aft, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:10 am

So.. At the very last minute.. I have decided to attend! Anyone know if there's a shuttle from the airport to the overflow hotel or is an Uber the best option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.