Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Loose EK routing rules using AS miles (outed by blog)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loose EK routing rules using AS miles (outed by blog)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:08 pm

I get how you could get an agent in the past to perhaps allow this routing.. though it wouldn't be easy and I haven't seen data points on this thread that show anyone else. Is he known on FT?

How does one get away with this routing:
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Sometimes you get gifts from airlines you enjoy it and move on not blab about it for all the world to see. FT is too mainstream to post all these gifts on. This is why we can't have nice things
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by CDKing
Sometimes you get gifts from airlines you enjoy it and move on not blab about it for all the world to see. FT is too mainstream to post all these gifts on. This is why we can't have nice things
^^^^^^^^^^
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: A bunch
Just booked booked mle-dbx-dfw for next year online for me and the lady. I booked 1 seat from each of our accounts at the same time from seperate computers since we each had 100,000 miles.

We got email confirmation and credit card charged. When updating balances on award wallet the next day our Alaska accounts are locked out or it wont update. Is anyone else having issues logging in? Or are do they do a manual review of certain redemptions while freezing the account?

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:40 am

I can't log in either. They must be having system issues.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by ILGfly
http://consumerist.com/2015/10/29/al...dozen-flights/
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:53 am

Thanks guys!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Thanks guys
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
Just booked booked mle-dbx-dfw for next year online for me and the lady. I booked 1 seat from each of our accounts at the same time from seperate computers since we each had 100,000 miles.

We got email confirmation and credit card charged. When updating balances on award wallet the next day our Alaska accounts are locked out or it wont update. Is anyone else having issues logging in? Or are do they do a manual review of certain redemptions while freezing the account?

Thanks
Others have opined about the IT issues. I'd merely add that you should have your EK PNRs by this point, so don't hesitate to check their site and arrange your seats.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This does not bode well for future availability

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...NzgzNjE4ODQ3S0
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:48 am

Jeez, and I thought I dug myself a hole by confessing to hiring a chase car. Sam's hole seems deeper, but that's just a hunch
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:11 pm

If this isn't still even functional, what harm did he do? Aside from more attention on what we at FT consider a particularly valuable redemption?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by tlott
If this isn't still even functional, what harm did he do? Aside from more attention on what we at FT consider a particularly valuable redemption?
Because the story went viral it could bring more unwanted attention from Alaska (or at least that's the fear from some on FT). He mentions that the larger loophole is closed, but a smaller loophole remains. It wouldn't be too hard for the airline to bring up his itinerary, see what "loopholes" were used, and close them. Business Insider is claiming 11+ million views and there are tons of other websites featuring this story. It will also trickle down to other places like Yahoo news. I'm not seeing a lot of positive PR value for Alaska. I've seen some discussion that mistake fares that generate news stories give publicity to some airlines so it can be a somewhat positive thing.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
No one has noted that this pair of O/W tickets would violate every MPM rule. Anyone else think it was 3 or 4 tickets and a creative writer? We have no idea of how many miles this cost Sam, and I have a feeling that if we did the other shoe would drop.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Madone59
No one has noted that this pair of O/W tickets would violate every MPM rule. Anyone else think it was 3 or 4 tickets and a creative writer? We have no idea of how many miles this cost Sam, and I have a feeling that if we did the other shoe would drop.
And somehow in that article they forgot to mention that on this First class ticket he flew [at least] 6 hours in coach and bunch of segments in business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.