Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
The Points Guy is referenced in this new $2 million lawsuit against JetSmarter as it is apparently where the defendant learned about JetSmarter. The lawsuit also says Kim Kardashian and Petra Nemcova were paid endorsers but neither they nor JetSmarter disclosed the relationships as part of their Instagram posts.

Source: Private Jet Card Comparisons
https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...st-jetsmarter/

Too bad they didnt name the site as a defendant. But good generally.
84fiero likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Points Guy, a website that receives fees for promoting credit card and other offers to frequent fliers
This is gold!
84fiero, Adam1222 and Beltway2A like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
The Points Guy is referenced in this new $2 million lawsuit against JetSmarter as it is apparently where the defendant learned about JetSmarter. The lawsuit also says Kim Kardashian and Petra Nemcova were paid endorsers but neither they nor JetSmarter disclosed the relationships as part of their Instagram posts.

Source: Private Jet Card Comparisons
https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...st-jetsmarter/
That TPG post is so syrupy sweet I just got diabetes from reading it.
diburning likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:47 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I'm told I made an incorrect assertion.

I reeeeealy don't think so, but deleted in the interest of fairness...

Last edited by kokonutz; Aug 17, 2018 at 5:26 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz

was it about the spoiled brat who wrote about how Air India made her honeymoon a "nightmare" by getting her to her destination safely, on time, and at half the price of its next closest competitor, because there was a thin blanket, a smelly passenger, and only a croissant muffin and fruit for breakfast in economy??
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:17 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by kokonutz

Was this about "A poster asked Richard Kerr on his AwardTravel 101 facebook page if HX would honor the $650 J"

There is for sure still a thread in the AT101 FB group about it.

The issue with FB search, in general, is that search within groups can be rather difficult. You have to really "work it" to often find a post that you just saw a few hours ago. (There are ways to limit to dates and such.) My observations are that FB likes to "curate" everything, including the search results you see.

No big opinion on this particular topic/subject, but it might have been an issue that there were multiple threads on the fare and AT101/Richard decided to delete some repetitive/duplicate threads.
84fiero likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hilarious evolution to be hiring celebs now

was TPG not compensated by JS?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Was this about "A poster asked Richard Kerr on his AwardTravel 101 facebook page if HX would honor the $650 J"

There is for sure still a thread in the AT101 FB group about it.

The issue with FB search, in general, is that search within groups can be rather difficult. You have to really "work it" to often find a post that you just saw a few hours ago. (There are ways to limit to dates and such.) My observations are that FB likes to "curate" everything, including the search results you see.

No big opinion on this particular topic/subject, but it might have been an issue that there were multiple threads on the fare and AT101/Richard decided to delete some repetitive/duplicate threads.
Yep. Several people could not find it after the HX CMO said it would be honored. All trace of it gone, even in notifications. After I posted about that fact here it came back. Was it coincidence? I can't say. Hence the deletion.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I have to give credit where credit is due. Instead of shilling for something this time around, TPG actually addresses a big issue about a really crappy company that doesn't care. Maybe, just maybe he has enough influence in the travel world to get their attention.

Heck, even one of their editorial zombies wrote a piece on this too
hi55us likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by diburning
Instead of shilling for something this time around,
How many affiliate links did you count in that post?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Surprisingly, only two.

What I meant was, the whole point of the article wasn't to shill a particular product like their articles usually do.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
There are bad apples on every platform, he doesn't explain why this couldn't happen with Lyft. Spoiler alert, it's happened to me with Lyft...life goes on.

He also seems mostly upset that he had to email for a refund like the rest of us plebs as they didn't notice his social media rants.
84fiero and Adam1222 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
There are bad apples on every platform, he doesn't explain why this couldn't happen with Lyft. Spoiler alert, it's happened to me with Lyft...life goes on.

He also seems mostly upset that he had to email for a refund like the rest of us plebs as they didn't notice his social media rants.
He is a VIP!

Hes spent tens of thousands on his Business account...going to circuit parties, commuting to and from his Florida "residence", getting bottle service in St Barts, hanging out on beaches, all for "research". (And taking the Wish Wings kids to Mykonos of course.)
84fiero likes this.

Last edited by Adam1222; Sep 13, 2018 at 6:19 am
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:27 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Woke up this morning to a stream of photos with TPG dancing in South Africa with a bunch of teens. TPG is sponsoring an event where Nobel Laureates come talk about youth leadership. While I'm happy that this organization exists, Brian looks so insincere in his interaction with the kids. Also, what's this go to do with the travel world?

Following TPG's post a few weeks ago where he's doing Q&A on ig, but couldn't be bothered to get out of bed or even put on a shirt, I really think they're losing their way.

FWIW, I do think Zach H is pretty good.
diburning likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Oh yeah they are really good in screwing their readers all right...

https://travelbloggerbuzz.com/new-am...comment-411542

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.