FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Inside Flyer Magazine to stop publishing [relaunches online Q4/2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1649614-inside-flyer-magazine-stop-publishing-relaunches-online-q4-2015-a.html)

Raffles Jan 16, 2020 5:27 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 31954862)
It seems a bit high, but the people playing this game also tend to be a bit on the higher income or higher income potential side on average. $125k per year at 29 years of age? That’s not how it works, but it doesn’t take too many people making $300k+ annually to really move the average and median.

And then there may be a tendency for ad money-enablers to push things up or be subject to the kind of tendency of people reporting that they are better off than they really may be. Like people claiming to be middle class and making $1M/year while the person making $40k/year says they are middle class too.

Let's put this in perspective. Our rack rate is (converting from £) Euro 12 per 1,000 impressions, so 85% below that. And we can guarantee you that 75% of your ads will be seen by London-based professionals on $100k+.

And that is many multiples of what Adsense pays when we can't direct sell all our space.

84fiero Jan 16, 2020 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 31953425)

My site is doing 10x more monthly page views than IF UK .....

I read the last part of that line too fast:D

GUWonder Jan 16, 2020 7:23 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero (Post 31957446)
I read the last part of that line too fast:D

Competition for ad money? Sort of like the difference between placing an ad with the NYT and placing it with The Buffalo News. IF seems like small fish of a sort that has found limited space to survive. But even the sleepy webflyer.com seems to bring in some money.

oliver2002 Jan 15, 2021 3:57 am

Sometime in Q4/20 the forum section of insideflyer.com (fka milepoint) was switched off and retired after 5 years. The .de .no and .dk versions still seem to have a forum and some activity/traffic...

oliver2002 Sep 6, 2023 6:11 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 31957519)
But even the sleepy webflyer.com seems to bring in some money.

Webflyer.com is now completely empty. Insideflyer.com seems to get some blog posts translated over from if.de. The .dk, .de and .no etc are idling along. How does this venture make money? 😲

HadesNL Sep 6, 2023 10:55 am

Insideflyer NL seems to still have persons providing content / posts,

which are reused and sometimes awfully translated into English for Insideflyer . Com

Its forum is reasonably active but reactive & reflective of what the US-titans have posted

GUWonder Sep 8, 2023 2:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 35557717)
Webflyer.com is now completely empty. Insideflyer.com seems to get some blog posts translated over from if.de. The .dk, .de and .no etc are idling along. How does this venture make money? 😲

But, but, but there is the “Today’s Hot Deals” section on webflyer.com with a section dated Friday 09/08/2023. :D

Probably doesn’t cost much to keep the site going once the shared infrastructure is in place and just let it be with links pointing to dead ends and hosting what stale content may be there. The mileage distance calculator on there is still getting used by some.