One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:27 am

Another example of his "writing skills"

'However, if you didn’t bring your own cigars and want to buy one, you’ll have to pay for it.'

'At U.S. lounges most food and drinks are complimentary, with the exception of premium alcohol and the meals for purchase'

I find this to be a good example of what happens if there is no template that he can use.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-lounges-free/
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Bierjunge
Another example of his "writing skills"

'However, if you didn’t bring your own cigars and want to buy one, you’ll have to pay for it.'

'At U.S. lounges most food and drinks are complimentary, with the exception of premium alcohol and the meals for purchase'

I find this to be a good example of what happens if there is no template that he can use.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-lounges-free/

LOL. Pure Gold. Doesn't matter as his fan boys don't care about his writing. They just want to adore him
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:00 pm

Bet the AA/Jason Derulo post (bait for racist commenters) was written and posted while tipsy aboard EVA
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by davie355
Bet the AA/Jason Derulo post (bait for racist commenters) was written and posted while tipsy aboard EVA
Probably so! Although I tend to agree with the post title's inference that Derulo is just an entitled jerk - simply on the basis that anyone who has to announce his name within pretty much every song would likely be a bit self absorbed
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
It it just me or is it true that a major number of authors in the points/miles blogosphere are gay ? ie. an over-representation compared to population representation.

Last edited by MasterGeek; Feb 16, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:54 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
It it just me or is it true that a major number of authors in the points/miles blogosphere are gay ?
It's just you. Unless you weight it by page views, in which Ben plus TPG knock it out of the park.

Last edited by TravelerMSY; Feb 17, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
It it just me or is it true that a major number of authors in the points/miles blogosphere are gay ? ie. an over-representation compared to population representation.
Not just you. But the gay demographic is overrepresented in travel (esp. luxury travel) in beyond blogs, presumably because gay people are less likely to have childcare expenses.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by davie355
Not just you. But the gay demographic is overrepresented in travel (esp. luxury travel) in beyond blogs, presumably because gay people are less likely to have childcare expenses.
Why blame it on expenses?

Just traveling with children is 100x times harder than traveling without kids. You could never pull off Lucky's lifestyle with kids in tow.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Because that's what I heard originally. But you have a point.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:47 pm

Just traveling with children is 100x times harder than traveling without kids. You could never pull off Lucky's lifestyle with kids in tow.
You could if you were Ford's parents...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite

It is indeed, and we only had one child. Sometimes I'm surprised we got to do as much as we did while our kid was growing up (she's 19 now). I can only imagine how much worse it is with multiple kids.

I used to say it was worth it, but nowadays she claims to have had a horrible childhood, hates us, won't speak to us, etc. so maybe we should have just left her with grandma while we went on more trips as a couple!

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You could if you were Ford's parents...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:06 pm

I guess nobody is questioning him burning half a million miles per week anymore?
I just checked his site and in one week he flies Etihad Apt again with his
boyfriend plus books 4 First seats on Cathay plus endless hotel bookings etc.
So everyone finds it perfectly explainable he burns 20-25 million miles/points per year?
No credit cards bonuses as he's had all the Chase/Citi/Amex cards already.
Can anyone explain how he earns 25 million miles per year?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:37 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
I guess nobody is questioning him burning half a million miles per week anymore?
So everyone finds it perfectly explainable he burns 20-25 million miles/points per year?
That's kind of the elephant in the room, but he never actually said he was earning them the hard way like many here do. I suspect he's buying points when it makes sense, or transferring from bank programs. And compared to normal J/F fares, it will almost always make sense. He might get compensation for affiliate marketing in miles. Who knows?

I'm glad he finally stopped writing in the voice of a broke college student, when it's obvious he hasn't been one in years. I think the scale of his operation plus the Rolling Stone article more or less forced the issue.

I'm not sure why everyone here is so hard on him. Sure, he got rich from basically monetizing the Flyertalk lifestyle, but his heart really is with us. He's still an aviation geek.

Last edited by TravelerMSY; Feb 17, 2017 at 7:44 pm
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:02 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Cash talks. Points are for losers. @:-)
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Cash talks. Points are for losers. @:-)
Well, it used to be a miles and points blog, right?
Now it's just a .........y "look at me, I'm flying First 6 days a week
and twice on Sunday" thing, same as TPG or those rich kids from Dubai
Instagram accounts. At least there is no doubts how those kids
posting a new lambo pic every week are rich, but Lucky is "one of us", right? LOL
No word about miles or how he pays for those First tickets booked every day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.