Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Shared $69 AF First Class fare mentioned in blog post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Fake $69 AF First Class fare mentioned in blog post

Is there a lot of these unshared fares that people get and I just don't hear about it cuz I don't know anyone? Or are these extremely rare and usually show up on FT?

Edit: Flight was a joke many are now saying. My post wasn't intended to be Lucky or blog specific, not that big a deal what he does or doesn't do; just wondering more about how often do mistake fares come along and what percentage end up on FT while active?

Last edited by maverick17; Apr 27, 2013 at 2:53 am Reason: Fare was a joke
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I don't know but whats the point of his blog of he doesn't Post good deals like that. I wonder why none of the other FTU presenters jumped on with him tells me might have been greed. O well.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:17 pm

super secret ft club

I understand that their may be a super secret FT club that's branched off FT in order to preserve deals...

unfortunately, I haven't been invited yet
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Preserving the deals has nothing to do with it - the tickets would have been protected as they were ex-USA.

Its not the first F mistake fare this year, if you book one, great, no need to rub it in.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu

It's not the first F mistake fare this year, if you book one, great, no need to rub it in.
It's not???!!! And I don't even know of this one...
I am clearly not on the list...
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Ben mostly whines and brags than inform readers. His blog has some entertainment value though: he often gets histrionic over little things or giggles like a teenage girl to silly topics like extreme couponing in his posts.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
It's not???!!! And I don't even know of this one...
I am clearly not on the list...

I need to get on this list too!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Hey he got , good for him. Not sure how that is done. Do people serach all day long for mistakes?
I am more interested in how it was searched as to why he did not post earlier.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:30 pm

He said a reader pointed it out. Doesn't say if it was privately, in-person or in his blog comments.

I know for a fact there is secret-blog/forum for these types of fares and I too, unfortunately, have not been invited to it either.

If any of you people are part of it, invite me!

Someone in his blog comments wrote about a west coast-tokyo fare. What is that one about?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:37 pm

Guess I'm not on the list either...
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:38 pm

I can imagine that posting these kinds of fares on big blogs would not endear them to the very industry they report on. Some bloggers seem to be better than others when it comes to shilling and/or getting perks. For as short a time I've been around here, information seems to be hoarded and some is freely shared. I've learned a ton and gotten some fabulous experiences based on what I've learned, but know that I'll never be in the inside crowd and that's fine too. But damn, $69!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:40 pm

I mean this is not even the first one of the year, a while back there was the F pricing as Y avios redemption on MH KUL-LHR/CDG
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
It was definitely a 1way ticket. So you had to had a plan B for coming back. Ben is very flexible and has tons of mileage perks and that makes it very easy. He is even flying back tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I mean this is not even the first one of the year, a while back there was the F pricing as Y avios redemption on MH KUL-LHR/CDG
I'm interested in hearing more about that, please...
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
I'm interested in hearing more about that, please...
Sure. When MH joined OW, there was a glitch where the F would price at Y, which lasted for several weeks. Apparently a reader shared it to lucky and he didn't post until it ended. I think this was fair because AFAIK it didn't showed Y but was ticketed in the fare bucket for F (I think). So in the end BA did upgrade the routings to F and so KUL-LHR was only 35 one way, 70 RT.

It wasn't a "mistake fare" as in it lasted for a long time, so it was more like a glitch. However this AF i'm pretty sure is a mistake fare. Of course maybe this fare only lasted an hour. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until after the glitch got fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.