Wiki Posts
Search

Non Shared $69 AF First Class fare mentioned in blog post

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I'm interested in hearing more about that, please...
Its done... Avios was charging Y rate for MH F flights when MH first joined. It lasted a couple weeks and I dont believe was shared until it was over, but the blogs were definitely not the only ones that knew about this one.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its done... Avios was charging Y rate for MH F flights when MH first joined. It lasted a couple weeks and I dont believe was shared until it was over, but the blogs were definitely not the only ones that knew about this one.
Well what were the sources of information outside of the blogs?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:24 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; Nexus 4 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.58 Mobile Safari/537.31)

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I'm interested in hearing more about that, please...
Sure. When MH joined OW, there was a glitch where the F would price at Y, which lasted for several weeks. Apparently a reader shared it to lucky and he didn't post until it ended. I think this was fair because AFAIK it didn't showed Y but was ticketed in the fare bucket for F (I think). So in the end BA did upgrade the routings to F and so KUL-LHR was only 35 one way, 70 RT.

It wasn't a "mistake fare" as in it lasted for a long time, so it was more like a glitch. However this AF i'm pretty sure is a mistake fare. Of course maybe this fare only lasted an hour. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until after the glitch got fixed.
Interesting... So the BA engine displayed "economy" throughout the transaction but booked out of the F redemption bucket at ticketing?

I am shocked BA didn't try to weasel out of that one...
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:40 pm

I think it lasted a bit longer than that, because it was also available on the CDG route, which i saw as recently as 2 weeks ago. (Didn't book it on the spot as i was actually in the middle of a meeting and I couldn't replicate it when I logged on again the next morning though)
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I think it lasted a bit longer than that, because it was also available on the CDG route, which i saw as recently as 2 weeks ago. (Didn't book it on the spot as i was actually in the middle of a meeting and I couldn't replicate it when I logged on again the next morning though)
Are you sure it's 2 weeks ago? I think it has been about a month since it was gone.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Preserving the deals has nothing to do with it - the tickets would have been protected as they were ex-USA.
Greedy. I kind of see why though. Not too long after Lucky was posting about his ex CMB flights, the deal which had been around for over a year died. Only took me a minute to find that deal after his posting

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 26, 2013 at 7:59 pm Reason: additional thoughts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by CDKing
Greedy to keep the deal to themselves longer.
which is fine. But dont rub it in.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
Are you sure it's 2 weeks ago? I think it has been about a month since it was gone.
yeah - just looked at my web browsing history. Was the 12th of april. But having said that, i tried, and couldn't replicate it when i really wanted to book.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this topic centers on blogs I'll move this thread over to FT's new home for blog discussion, the External Miles & Points Resources forum.

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:45 pm

The blogger just posted that the whole thing was a joke.

I don't really get it, but there you go.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CDKing
Greedy. I kind of see why though. Not too long after Lucky was posting about his ex CMB flights, the deal which had been around for over a year died. Only took me a minute to find that deal after his posting
Are you sure it is not still there?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
EK or AF? I mean EK fare gone was posted on the fools day. I could have been looking in the wrong days. I see some stuff now but not on airlines that credit to AS

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 26, 2013 at 11:07 pm
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Isn't ex-CMB fare still here? Just no segments on EK metal.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:49 am
Original Poster

So Lucky's post was a joke, I believed it, sorry for the confusion. But my original question stands, not about the blog per se, but what percentage of mistake fares get shared on FT?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:20 am

I feel bad for his loyal readers that bought tickets to see him at FTU and believed what he wrote.

"Sorry if it wasn’t obvious, this was a late April Fools joke."

Sincere apology.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.