Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Poor Condition for 1st Tribute Portfolio in Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite

Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Putrajaya, MY

Poor Condition for 1st Tribute Portfolio in Malaysia (0 Photo)

Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

I was quite thrilled to try out the very 1st Tribute Portfolio hotel under Marriott Bonvoy as Titanium Elite member with the rates around RM300 +- per night for 2 night stay.

During the check-in, I met with the Hotel Manager who explained to me on the excitement joining the 1st Tribute Portfolio as they are previously under a IOI Management and now converted to Marriott Portfolio. Check-in was fast and prompt with explanation of the hotel facilities.

Although the hotel has only 8 floor but I have been pre-assigned to level 7 (high floor) with suite room and a balcony. The room looks pretty dated but the big room and welcome fruits did compensate for it hence I did not make it as an issue.

The room and living room has a separate air-cond but the room air-cond could not be control with the remote provided in the living room and were only blowing air (which at that point the outside temperature is quite hot - 35c). They sent in mechanic to check and try to fix for almost 2 hour but to unavailable then decided to move me into a different room.

I were moved into a new suite room without a balcony but the air-cond for living room and room works flawlessly but I was going to get a shower only realizing the hot water is basically damn cold even it is turned to the max for hot shower. At that time, it is almost 6 PM ....I then phone the operator again to complaint about another issues which they then offered to send mechanic to check which I had declined initially to speak with a manager on duty.

The front officer manager promptly came over to witness the water heater issues and offer to shower at the other room which I declined as I was quite tired from the first air-cond issue + moving room. They then send in mechanic and the water heater issue were resolved at around 7 PM.

15 minutes later, both the Front Officer Manager and Hotel Manager came over to my room to apologizes for what happened and offer their compensation as a gesture of goodwill which I deeply appreciated but the hotel really does in need a major renovation to restore the resort feeling.

I would actually expect them to perform renovation prior to converting into the Marriott Portfolio as they would be expecting international marriott guest / elite checking in.

I do hope to re-visit again upon their renovation and hopefully the experience would be a better one in the near future.

Special thanks to the efforts and hardwork of all the maintenance / mechanic, Front Office Manager and Hotel Manager.

Would you like to write a review on the Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:06 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Hi ean2015,

We are sorry to hear that the Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel did not meet your expectations and you experienced multiple maintenance issues during your stay. Our team is here for assistance if you would like any additional feedback forwarded on to the hotel team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.