Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Lots of questions about EVA flight to Taipei

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of questions about EVA flight to Taipei

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Question Lots of questions about EVA flight to Taipei

Sorry for the long list. I tried to search and find answers from earlier threads, but didn't have any luck.

1) I’m on an overnight flight from SEA to Taipei in Elite class (departs at 1:50am, arrives at 5:50am). What time will meals be served?
- I assume there will be a “dinner” service shortly after takeoff, and an early breakfast service a few hours before landing.
- Seems odd to have a dinner service that late, but I’m assuming 2 meals for a 13hr flight. Maybe that’s incorrect.

2) What are the typical meal choices for Elite?
- http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli..._and_beverage/
The page hasn’t been updated for a year.

3) Is there a regular sort of drink service, or should I just walk to the galley whenever I want something?

4) Do they have “standard” 1/8” headphone jacks in the seat, or are they the “standard” dual pin aircraft jacks?

I haven't done nearly enough searching on this one yet, but I'll ask anyway...

Would you suggest sleeping on the flight, or would I be better off trying to stay awake the entire time, then most of the day when I arrive in Taiwan? First international trip, so it's going to be my first experience w/ jet lag.

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
1) I’m on an overnight flight from SEA to Taipei in Elite class (departs at 1:50am, arrives at 5:50am). What time will meals be served?
- I assume there will be a “dinner” service shortly after takeoff, and an early breakfast service a few hours before landing.
- Seems odd to have a dinner service that late, but I’m assuming 2 meals for a 13hr flight. Maybe that’s incorrect.
Yes, a full dinner service shortly after takeoff and breakfast about 2 hours before landing. Surprisingly, the schedule works as well as any for trips to Asia.

"Yu wan a chicken ah a pork???" Usually chicken, pork, or beef with noodles, rice or potatoes. Salad, snack desert, soda, juice, beer wine......

3) Is there a regular sort of drink service, or should I just walk to the galley whenever I want something?
Both. They come around frequently with a cups of juice or water and they also leave out trays with cups of juice and water at the galleys for self serve.

4) Do they have “standard” 1/8” headphone jacks in the seat, or are they the “standard” dual pin aircraft jacks?
Duel pin sytle.

I haven't done nearly enough searching on this one yet, but I'll ask anyway...

Would you suggest sleeping on the flight, or would I be better off trying to stay awake the entire time, then most of the day when I arrive in Taiwan? First international trip, so it's going to be my first experience w/ jet lag.
Sleep. It is just one verry long night and you arrive at TPE in the morning. The schedule minimizes jet lag as much as possible. If you request, they will happily give you eye shades and ear plugs.

Last edited by Mabuk dan gila; Apr 7, 2009 at 11:39 am
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: Thai Airways, Delta
If you want beer or wine during the hours of no service, they don't have it set out in the galley so you will need to ask for it.

A hint about the seat - it does have a leg rest but it doesn't raise that high. I found that adding a pillow to it significantly increases comfort. So too do the "Bucky" neck rests.

I was able to get some sleep.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Also, it should be added that the link you posted is relevant to Premium Laurel/Super Business class and is NOT representative of meals Elite class. The food in Elite is usually OK but it is just a somewhat glorified economy class meal. Nothing like what you get in Premium Laurel
Old Apr 8, 2009, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Thanks for the quick answers!

Regarding the meal timing, I did see a post here regarding China Airline's timing, which matches pretty closely with what you mentioned. I didn't notice the departure times for the flights though. Sorry for not looking into that one a little more.

Chicken or pork - Those sound good. But the pics say there's a lot more than chicken or pork in those dishes

I didn't realize the link I provided was for PL class food. Guess I should've realized it by the nice plates. But it's the only food & beverage info I see on their website (other than ordering food, which I know is PL only). Seems odd that they wouldn't have the food/menus posted for the other classes of service.

Thanks for the pillow suggestion. I'll probably want something for my head too
Old Apr 9, 2009, 2:59 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Based on some recent experiences (not to the US though), Elite food is at worst glorified economy food (as except for the main dish you get china not plastic) but you are more likely to find it a step improvement on Economy food. You typically get some fruit/yoghurt, piece of cheesecake, bit of side salad, roll and butter with the main course. The main course(s) are always just a choice of two and are relatively simple.

They do have other snacks available between meals - ranging from rice crackers to chicken wraps, shortbread, rolls etc, depending on departure station.

Finally, don't forget you have a mains socket in Elite. This together with the extra room between you and the seat in front means that watching films on your own laptop is a perfectly practical proposition and that's what I do. The socket takes round Euro style, or flat US style plugs. It should power any moderate sized, reasonably modern laptop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.