Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight transit through TPE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Gold, Star Alliance Gold, EVA Air Gold, Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum
Question Overnight transit through TPE

Hi,
New to the site, wonder if you can help.
I am travelling with EVA BKK -> TPE then the following morning TPE -> SGN

Is it possible to leave the airport overnight and importantly will i be able/required/unable to collect bags? Information seems patchy and more so adding in post covid stuff too.

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I am interested to hear more on this as well. I have an early January overnight (arrive 10p, leave 11a) from BKK to TPE. I will most likely use my Marriott free night as there are a couple hotels under 30k/night around the airport. Question is, if we are allowed to exit the airport.

For bags, if your travel is on 1 ticket, you can check the luggage to it's destination and not need to collect it in TPE. If want to collect your checked bag, you will need to let the checkin agent in BKK know to only tag the bag to TPE.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by EVAgold
Hi,
New to the site, wonder if you can help.
I am travelling with EVA BKK -> TPE then the following morning TPE -> SGN

Is it possible to leave the airport overnight and importantly will i be able/required/unable to collect bags? Information seems patchy and more so adding in post covid stuff too.

Thanks
Originally Posted by zulu515
I am interested to hear more on this as well. I have an early January overnight (arrive 10p, leave 11a) from BKK to TPE. I will most likely use my Marriott free night as there are a couple hotels under 30k/night around the airport. Question is, if we are allowed to exit the airport.

For bags, if your travel is on 1 ticket, you can check the luggage to it's destination and not need to collect it in TPE. If want to collect your checked bag, you will need to let the checkin agent in BKK know to only tag the bag to TPE.
Yes. Leaving hotel for an overnight stay at a hotel is perfectly fine. Other than having to collect a rapid test and wearing a mask, arriving into TPE is just like pre-Covid times.
Dean1953 and zulu515 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.