Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA mileage extension new policy with question mark

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA mileage extension new policy with question mark

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Am I correct that they have extended the miles expiration date again?
Yes, with some caveats: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/abo...ium=foc_footer
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by BR787
I am flying on AC so I hope that extends the expiry dates of my miles. I am waiting for EVA to start flying again before I use it as amount to UG on BR is much cheaper than using it on AC.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: EVA
I was physically in the EVA Taichung office recently and didn't even know about the extension, the helpful lady said that since my EVA Amex is depositing miles every month I just needed to purchase 1,000 miles to extend another 18 months. She said it won't be reflected in my account until the expiry month.

So yes, mileage transferred from a credit card does count as activity and you do need to also purchase the minimum 1,000 miles which is only a few tens of $ so well worth it for most.

Edit: Cathay signature card is not included and you could fulfill either requirement for 9 months each. So if you just needed to extend 9 months and don't have any miles to deposit just buy 1,000 miles on the EVA site.

Last edited by llary; Apr 20, 2022 at 11:22 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:34 pm

Transfers from co-branded cards (like EVA Amex) are treated separately from transfers from other cards (like converting Citi points). A co-brand card card gets you 9 months, and another mileage activity (like converting Citi points, or buying miles, or flying) gets you another 9 months.
​​​​​
llary likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:47 pm

Another alternative to buying miles is to make a purchase through the EVA Mileage Mall shopping portal. It seems to take a while before the miles actually get deposited into your account -- around two months in my case. So a purchase now will possibly make it by June, or at least by July.

In Taiwan, momo and books.com.tw are both easy shopping sites to use through the portal. There are also a number of travel options like Marriott, IHG, Hotels.com, etc. but keep in mind that the miles don't start getting processed until after your stay is completed.
llary likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:50 pm

Just noticed that my upgrade certificates that were originally expiring in June have been extended for 9 months, to March 31, 2023. No changes to mileage expiration yet though. Also, I should have qualified for an 18-month extension since I had both a co-branded card (EVA Amex) and mileage activity (from an EVA Mileage Mall purchase), but I'll wait to see what happens with the miles first.
llary likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:29 am

Yep. Just confirmed my June 2022 are also extended to March 2023.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
They have not yet extended my miles expiring in September 2022. I cannot fly in September and I think it is unfair to expire miles when they are not flying much. They should at least give one year after starting to fly. I have been accumulating my points on EVA on my all other Star A flights.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:13 am

I noticed that both my June and July expiring miles have now been extended, both to next March. Also, my family members have also had their June and July miles extended to next March, despite not having any recent mileage activity (ie we made some Mileage Mall purchases but they have not been deposited yet) . So it's possible that EVA is extending all upcoming miles regardless of the campaign requirements.

​​​​
Old May 6, 2022, 7:20 am

Followup:It seems all miles expiring by February 2023 have all been extended to March 2023. Saw a PTT post that seems to confirm EVA extended all miles regardless of whether you had any mileage activity or not: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/points/M.1651837534.A.16B.html

Not clear whether EVA will still do anything extra for those of us that did try to participate in the mileage extension campaign.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: EVA
Rough translation of an email I received this morning in Chinese:

長榮航空聽到您想搭機旅遊的心聲了。為了讓您有更寬裕的時間安排舒適的旅程,您帳戶內若有2022年6月至 2023年2月到期之獎勵哩程、電子升等憑證、免稅品預購抵用券、長榮酒店住宿券和長汎旅運抵用券,長榮航 空已主動完成展延效期至2023年3月,歡迎至長榮航空網站-「無限萬哩遊」帳戶管理查詢最新資訊。

All of your mileage awards (including electronic upgrade vouchers, duty free vouchers and hotel vouchers) expiring 2022/06 to 2023/02 are automatically extended until the end of 2023/03.

此外,若您於2022年1月1日至2022年12月31日符合先前公布之「2022長榮航空無限萬哩遊全新會員 展延方案」指定累計哩程項目,仍可再獲得9個月或18個月的效期展延!誠摯地邀請您在2022年12月31 日前參加此活動,詳細活動辦法及規則請點此

Additionally (my emphasis) participation in the 2022 Eva mileage extension program will award you with an additional 9 months or 18 months. Qualifying activity should be completed by 2022/12/31.

The language is pretty clear that we will get an unconditional extension to March next year PLUS the 9/18 month extension. Real class act by EVA!
Old May 10, 2022, 9:37 am

Received this email yesterday.
To make it easier for you to arrange your trips, if you have available Award Miles, Electronic Upgrade Certificates, Duty Free Coupons, Evergreen Hotels Accommodation Vouchers, and E-Coupons for EverFun Travel with validity from 2022/06~2023/02 in your account, we have extended them to 2023/03.
In addition, if you satisfy the requirement of an eligible mileage-earning activity during the campaign period from 2022/1/1 to 2022/12/31 for “New Award Extension Campaign for 2022”, the validity could be further extended for another 9 or 18 months! We sincerely invite you to participate in the campaign by 2022/12/31.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:37 pm

All, looking for some advice and what nots.

I know there are a number of us here holding on to the miles, keeping them "alive" one way or another. Not counting the ones who don't visit FT, I bet there are a lot more EVA members who have miles to spend as well once TW opens up.

Will there even be an opportunity to book BR reward tickets or upgrades until then? With labor shortages/flights cutbacks/inflation everything, I feel that we are all completing for miles redemption. Maybe Miles & Cash to use up the miles? But still gets into a loop of earning more miles, which one may have to be a bagholder for a while especially if TW decides to limit travel again in the future.

Have explored SA partnership redemption but the schedules for those tickets are really undesirable.

Much appreciated.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sof_lance
All, looking for some advice and what nots.

I know there are a number of us here holding on to the miles, keeping them "alive" one way or another. Not counting the ones who don't visit FT, I bet there are a lot more EVA members who have miles to spend as well once TW opens up.

Will there even be an opportunity to book BR reward tickets or upgrades until then? With labor shortages/flights cutbacks/inflation everything, I feel that we are all completing for miles redemption. Maybe Miles & Cash to use up the miles? But still gets into a loop of earning more miles, which one may have to be a bagholder for a while especially if TW decides to limit travel again in the future.

Have explored SA partnership redemption but the schedules for those tickets are really undesirable.

Much appreciated.
Not sure what you're trying to ask but the miles have been redeemable through out the pandemic. I've used my miles for upgrading on BR during this pandemic, granted I had to get a special visa to get into Taiwan.

If you're worried that your miles are going to expire before you can use them, BR is has been and is going to keep on extending them until some time far after Taiwan opens up. Rumors are Taiwan may open within the next three to six months.
Old May 20, 2022, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by BR787
Not sure what you're trying to ask but the miles have been redeemable through out the pandemic. I've used my miles for upgrading on BR during this pandemic, granted I had to get a special visa to get into Taiwan.

If you're worried that your miles are going to expire before you can use them, BR is has been and is going to keep on extending them until some time far after Taiwan opens up. Rumors are Taiwan may open within the next three to six months.
Appreciate the reply.

You did use your miles at a point where very few can travel to TW. So there's literally no competition to be upgraded.

My concern isn't so much about miles expiring but the potential lack of opportunity to expense them if and when TW opens up, since there will be a lot of us with "pent-up" miles with the same intention to upgrade.

But of course to overcome this, one could just keep buying J class, I suppose and use the miles to order something from the mall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.