Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA mileage extension new policy with question mark

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus

EVA updated their policy about the extension of expiring mileage. However, they didn't publish an updated news and they are in "old news" (https://www.evaair.com/en-us/about-e...s-members.html).

In the campaign details, it is not clear if transferring from Citi counts to the extension...
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:46 am

Any mileage earning activity will qualify for a 9-month extension. Transfer from Citi or other credit card partner would fall in this category.

Co-branded credit cards (I believe they are only issued in Taiwan) are eligible for another 9-month extension.

FYI, I have a co-branded credit card but have not seen any extension reflected in my account yet. I note that the terms on the website say: "The eligible award miles and certificates/ vouchers will be extended in the expiration month." -- so I guess I need to wait until June? Not very reassuring.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
They have sent an email on the new extension information.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Had 2 flights in January posted to EVA but account is still showing miles expiring in June 2022.

The EVA website IT has always left much to be desired.
sof_lance likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:05 pm

I like EVA and has been a loyal fan. But the pandemic handling of our points etc has been dismal. IIRC, in 2020, I had to keeping calling them to ask about extension which otherwise would have been expired due to the travel restrictions.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:41 pm

I have aways been told to look up their websites and now I think so long as you use their programme for any business it gets automatically extended. Anyway I am accumulating my miles on the BR FFP even though on other airlines.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:47 pm

yea as long as you buy 1000 miles, whatever miles expiring in jun 2022 will be extended 9 months.

I am working really hard to zero out my points to redeem a US domestic flight and that has been to no avail since UA blocks out a lot of the dates for EVA. Feels like we are just bag holders.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
I've flown a handful of United transcontinental D and P fares and have yet to see my mileage expiry dates extended too.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance
yea as long as you buy 1000 miles, whatever miles expiring in jun 2022 will be extended 9 months.

I am working really hard to zero out my points to redeem a US domestic flight and that has been to no avail since UA blocks out a lot of the dates for EVA. Feels like we are just bag holders.
FYI, United doesn't open space for premium cabins on prime routes to EVA if that's what you're looking to book.
sof_lance likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by BR787
I've flown a handful of United transcontinental D and P fares and have yet to see my mileage expiry dates extended too.
I spoke to EVA recently. They will extend closer to the expiry month. So for Jun 2022, look for the extension when you log in around May 2022.

FYI, United doesn't open space for premium cabins on prime routes to EVA if that's what you're looking to book.
Appreciate the confirmation. Yea, was looking at SFO to JFK. F was hard to find. I did find one very awkward F award but it's super late departure to from SFO to SEA.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance
Appreciate the confirmation. Yea, was looking at SFO to JFK. F was hard to find. I did find one very awkward F award but it's super late departure to from SFO to SEA.
probably need to do a last minute booking for SFO-TPE. i see J open up to 3/6/22. looks like that route only flies SunWedFri (BR17).
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by BuBu4
probably need to do a last minute booking for SFO-TPE. i see J open up to 3/6/22. looks like that route only flies SunWedFri (BR17).
He’s looking to book a United transcontinental flight with EVA points, not book an EVA flight with United points. 😅
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:07 am

He’s looking to book a United transcontinental flight with EVA points, not book an EVA flight with United points. 😅
isnt that a downgrade? lol
totally read the wrong.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by BuBu4
isnt that a downgrade? lol
totally read the wrong.
I am keeping my EVA points for now. None of the UA domestic flights are worth redeeming.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:55 am

Am I correct that they have extended the miles expiration date again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.