Wiki Posts
Search

Infinity Mileagelands

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: China Air Dynasty/Eva Air Infinity
Infinity Mileagelands

Has anyone gotten any updates from Eva in regards to their status or next tier upgrades from Eva with the current situation?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
I heard from others that if you reach out to them, they will try to accommodate your situation.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by BlackHappy
I heard from others that if you reach out to them, they will try to accommodate your situation.
Do you mind elaborating a bit more?
Thank you.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:56 am

I was told by BR staff that I could call the customer service desk and ask for an extension date (to reach the required mileage) or to see if they'll just extend my status by X months. I haven't bothered because I only need 9K miles by December to keep my status. That said, I do hope someone gives it a try and reports back!
Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
My IML card original expiration date : March 2020
I had bookings for March and April 2020.
I did not contact IML, however I received the following e-mails,

13th FEB, 2020

Dear Member,
Firstly, thank you for your long term patronage toward EVA Air.

If you have lessened frequency of flying recently which may cause the deficiency of mileage or flight sectors to renew your card tier in February 2020 or March 2020, as a gratitude to your constantly support for Infinity MileageLands, we will offer you a courtesy by means of extending card tier validity for two more months until April 2020 or May 2020 respectively (e.g. February 2020 extend to April 2020 and March 2020 extend to May 2020). This goodwill is simply a thankfulness on behalf of EVA Air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19th MAR, 2020

Dear member,
Thank you for your long-term patronage toward EVA Air.

We understand that your original travel plan may have been effected because of the impact of COVID-19. In view of the decreasing of your travel frequency may have hampered the progress of renewing your card tier, Infinity MileageLands would be honored to offer a loyal member like you a proposal of card extension to September, 2020.

By means of this extension, we hope you can still enjoy all the privileges and benefits of the original card tier. This card tier extension is simply a goodwill on behalf of EVA Air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think EVA IML will tailor individualized extension based on travel history, unavailability of travel and membership validity.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: EVA: Gold; Starlux: Explorer; China Airlines: Gold
Actually EVA provides the card tier extension till Sep 2020 to all members with original expired date before July 2020. You may log in to your Infinity MileageLands account to find the latest expiry date. Mine is IM Gold also received that letter on 19 Mar.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:13 am

Thank you very much.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:14 am

Thank you very much. My card expires next year but if I need to go up to the next level I have to do it before September. So I am going to call them to see if they will extend this date too.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Called Eva US office today. I'm 1 round trip away from upgrading from silver to gold but gotta do entire trip before late May.

They said they cannot make decision on that, they'll send out to TW HQ and get back to us in a week.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sgnakster
Called Eva US office today. I'm 1 round trip away from upgrading from silver to gold but gotta do entire trip before late May.

They said they cannot make decision on that, they'll send out to TW HQ and get back to us in a week.
I have emailed them too. Waiting for their response.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Didn't get much out of them, response today says they'll extend it by only 2 months......

I think most airlines out there are giving 3-6 months.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:00 am

Eva has extended the expired date till next June

After EVA has officially announced that the membership is extended till Sep 2020 based on the email send in March. It seems like they have decided to further extend to another year. (Original date of mine should be 2020 June, now it’s 2021 June)

From EVA app
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
I hope they extend miles too if this lockdown continues. I've got tons of miles expiring every month from August.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Taten_R.O.C.
After EVA has officially announced that the membership is extended till Sep 2020 based on the email send in March. It seems like they have decided to further extend to another year. (Original date of mine should be 2020 June, now it’s 2021 June)

From EVA app
They extended my Diamond status until the end of 2021 (12 months later). But, I would have been able to renew after my trip next month. Does that mean my flights in 2021 do not count towards any status accrual now?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
They extended my Diamond status until the end of 2021 (12 months later). But, I would have been able to renew after my trip next month. Does that mean my flights in 2021 do not count towards any status accrual now?
Based on their rule, your understanding is correct however as Diamond holder, you can always call EVA to discuss which way works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.