Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Understanding eva ff redemption

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Understanding eva ff redemption

We are planning a flight BNE - AMS in business. . We have 110,000 points each, but are having difficulty understanding the workings. Am I correct in saying that we need to purchase a Premium Economy Up ticket and then use our points for the upgrade to business? Do we have enough points to do this?

Thankyou for your assistance.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
There's a difference between upgrading with miles and a straight up redemption for a free ticket. For a straight redemption, you definitely don't have enough miles, as you would need 75K for each leg of BNE-TPE and then TPE-AMS.

For upgrading it would be a bit more complicated, mostly because BNE-TPE is currently being served the the 787-10 without premium economy. That means you would need to buy an upgradeable economy ticket and then use your mileage to upgrade to business. It would be 35K miles if you're holding a cheaper Q/H/M ticket, or 26K miles if you buy the more expensive Y/B class tickets.

The AMS flight is easier because the 773 aircraft has premium economy, so you just need to get a T, L, or K class ticket to upgrade to business. It's 35K for T/L and only 31.5K for K.

Not sure if you're aware that the AMS flight has a stop in BKK, so you'd actually have two stops on that itinerary each way.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: MP 1K,
Originally Posted by hlee628
There's a difference between upgrading with miles and a straight up redemption for a free ticket. For a straight redemption, you definitely don't have enough miles, as you would need 75K for each leg of BNE-TPE and then TPE-AMS.

For upgrading it would be a bit more complicated, mostly because BNE-TPE is currently being served the the 787-10 without premium economy. That means you would need to buy an upgradeable economy ticket and then use your mileage to upgrade to business. It would be 35K miles if you're holding a cheaper Q/H/M ticket, or 26K miles if you buy the more expensive Y/B class tickets.

The AMS flight is easier because the 773 aircraft has premium economy, so you just need to get a T, L, or K class ticket to upgrade to business. It's 35K for T/L and only 31.5K for K.

Not sure if you're aware that the AMS flight has a stop in BKK, so you'd actually have two stops on that itinerary each way.
​​​​​​I'm new to Eva and am interested in trying to upgrade with points in this same scenario. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to do it online. It doesn't seem to work for me. I do have the economy B class ticket on the 787 and would like to use points to upgrade if I can.

Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by smarsh102
​​​​​​I'm new to Eva and am interested in trying to upgrade with points in this same scenario. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to do it online. It doesn't seem to work for me. I do have the economy B class ticket on the 787 and would like to use points to upgrade if I can.

Thanks.
Did you book directly with EVA or via a travel agent/OTA? Only tickets booked directly can be upgraded online, otherwise you have to call them.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:47 pm

Did you book directly with EVA or via a travel agent/OTA? Only tickets booked directly can be upgraded online, otherwise you have to call them.
It was booked directly through their website. If I am in the right area on the site I get a "prepaid services cannot be applied toward online upgrades." Then something about calling in. I'm sure I can do this online. Just haven't figured it out yet.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by smarsh102
It was booked directly through their website. If I am in the right area on the site I get a "prepaid services cannot be applied toward online upgrades." Then something about calling in. I'm sure I can do this online. Just haven't figured it out yet.
This is the link where you would need to log in to your account and enter your reservation #: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...PNR_check.aspx
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:13 pm

This is the link where you would need to log in to your account and enter your reservation #: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...PNR_check.aspx
Yep that's the link I'm using. No joy though.

Old May 28, 2020, 1:25 am

For SEA to SIN via TPE in Royal Laurel(?) biz class, one way miles is 75000?

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
For SEA to SIN via TPE in Royal Laurel(?) biz class, one way miles is 75000?

Is this correct?

Thanks!
That is correct.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:08 am

Thanks for the info!
Not a bad deal, SEA to SIN in biz for 75k miles and something like 60 usd or so.

Never flown BR before so might try it out.
Flying SQ F would be almost double the miles...
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Thanks for the info!
Not a bad deal, SEA to SIN in biz for 75k miles and something like 60 usd or so.

Never flown BR before so might try it out.
Flying SQ F would be almost double the miles...
You're right, it's only USD61.

If you were flying from SIN, it would have been SGD340 (USD243).... Business class is already very luxurious for Asian airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.