Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID Era TPAC Upgrade Fee Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
COVID Era TPAC Upgrade Fee Experiences

Since upgrade award space is pretty much gone for the foreseeable future, can anyone share their experience upgrading from PE to J at the LAX counter (LAX-TPE) flight since the virus knocked out the normal flight schedule? Is the fee dependent on the original booking class, or the ticketed cabin?

We have a T class PE ticket for the father in law in a few weeks and are curious what the hit might be to move him into J, and if that amount is negotiable
Old Jun 26, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Since upgrade award space is pretty much gone for the foreseeable future, can anyone share their experience upgrading from PE to J at the LAX counter (LAX-TPE) flight since the virus knocked out the normal flight schedule? Is the fee dependent on the original booking class, or the ticketed cabin?

We have a T class PE ticket for the father in law in a few weeks and are curious what the hit might be to move him into J, and if that amount is negotiable
We upgraded PE Plus to RL using IML after being on the waitlist for a few weeks. They called around 5 days before the flight to deduct IML miles. This was for TPE-SEA. I would say there’s still a chance they will upgrade via miles closer to the flight.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen

Cash rate is non-negotiable, and is calculated by lowest J class fare available - your paid fare, plus any taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges.

With some of the current rates, I’d expect it to cost you upwards of $3000. BR has been ripping people off left and right for these tickets because only people that must travel will travel with them right now.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Cash rate is non-negotiable, and is calculated by lowest J class fare available - your paid fare, plus any taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges.

With some of the current rates, I’d expect it to cost you upwards of $3000. BR has been ripping people off left and right for these tickets because only people that must travel will travel with them right now.
That's a fare difference upgrade - there is a flat-fee upgrade option unless that was officially suspended. Last time we were at LAX, it was $1,200 one way - not sure if it varies by load factor or season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.