Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best airline to redeem Eva miles on?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Best airline to redeem Eva miles on?

Hi, whats the best airline to redeem miles on? Is it Eva air? I have 100K miles and not sure how to get the most bang for my miles when I redeem.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:46 am

Couple of links to get you started:
https://thepointsguy.com/2015/04/max...c-and-eva-air/
https://upgradedpoints.com/best-ways...eva-air-miles/
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by chopowski
Hi, whats the best airline to redeem miles on? Is it Eva air? I have 100K miles and not sure how to get the most bang for my miles when I redeem.
What aspects are you looking to maximize? Being specific helps you get better answers.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Actually I am just trying to understand the best value per mile for what to book.

For example I need to fly one way from Shanghai to Bangkok March next year. Cathay Pacific charges only 10K miles for the flight. Eva (StarAlliance) charges 25k miles!. Eva Infinity is 17,500 miles.

Is it typical that Eva is much more expensive for miles redemption? Or am I looking in the wrong places.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
The math usually comes out that booking long haul Star Alliance partner first class is the best value cents per mile, assuming this is what you mean by "bang for my miles".

Anecdotally, I once booked Lufthansa First from New York to Tokyo via Frankfurt, with 127.5k EVA miles so it is possible. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the booking because the schedule didn't work but that's another story.

Last edited by BR787; Nov 26, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.