Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*G Boarding Group?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

*G Boarding Group?

Quick question - what boarding zone does *G card holders get on EVA Airways? Is it Boarding Zone 1?

I am on SIN to TPE (and return, in Economy), and on the way over to Taiwan, I was in Boarding Zone 1, but I just did the online check-in for the TPE to SIN, and it said Boarding Zone 5, which was surprising to see. I then canceled online check-in and figured I'd check with this group.

For reference, my *G status has remained the same since last week (when I took the SIN to TPE flight), and my United MileagePlus number is tied to the ticket still.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
*Gold is Zone 1. I did 4 sectors last month and it was all Zone 1. I did fly PE too. PE is normally Zone 2. But for G they had zone 1.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Gotcha! So should I just check in at airport and if it’s not Zone 1, flag this to the customer service agent?
Baidu likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP,

You should just check in online and if you don't get Zone 1 then talk to a Customer Service agent either at the check in counter (especially if you're checking bags) or ask at either the club or the gate.

Hope all works out well.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Sounds good, ttuna. Is there any reason a *G member wouldn’t be Zone 1? I assume it’s just a glitch since I was Zone 1 on the way in to TPE.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:19 am

Likely just a glitch, had the same thing happen once coming back from Tokyo. The check in ladies at Narita had fixed it before I asked about it.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:02 am

There is no reason why a *G should not be zone1. It is a glitch as ttuna says.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
*G benefit

sorry with thread jacking question.

What can I expect for seat reservation on lower booking class?
no wavier for seat assinment fee with *G from other airlines?

Last edited by LandMiler; Nov 28, 2019 at 3:14 am
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:37 am

That I am not sure as I am a G on Eva. I can tell you that on TG I had to pay for a seat assignment for what they call priority seats in economy. Which is the front row and the exit row seats, I had to pay if I wanted them. Others may know much better.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:24 am

LandMiler,

My experiences with BR and seat assignments has been the same as dav662 had on TG. It's almost always the same deal with all of *A and seat selection away from your home airline but I can usually get one of the preferred seats at either the check in desk when I drop my bag, the club, or the gate. All assuming that those seats are still open. Most of the time I'm really not interested in the "priority" or "preferred" seats anyway but I've never had any issues getting one if the seats are actually open and I'm stuck in a non-reclining seat in the middle of the back of the plane.
dav662 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by LandMiler
sorry with thread jacking question.

What can I expect for seat reservation on lower booking class?
no wavier for seat assinment fee with *G from other airlines?
No waiver on BR for seat selection fees, unless you are a BR IML Diamond or Gold Member.
LandMiler likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
No waiver on BR for seat selection fees, unless you are a BR IML Diamond or Gold Member.
I think this depends on the fare too. If a *Silver member gets a PE then they get free seat selection on PE. They can select seats in economy too if they have a plus fare. Gold is free on everything.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
dav662, ttuna3,hayzel7773, Thank you for your comment.

I expected too much but just wished if I can get a normal seat, not preferred, not exit row, for free. it's sad to see more FSC charges for seat selection.

OW (or just AA?) seems more generous to other airline status holders. I could select a wider pitch economy seat(Main Cabin extra for AA) for free with my sapphire status even sapphire is the 2nd tier status of three.

Thaks!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by LandMiler
dav662, ttuna3,hayzel7773, Thank you for your comment.

I expected too much but just wished if I can get a normal seat, not preferred, not exit row, for free. it's sad to see more FSC charges for seat selection.

OW (or just AA?) seems more generous to other airline status holders. I could select a wider pitch economy seat(Main Cabin extra for AA) for free with my sapphire status even sapphire is the 2nd tier status of three.

Thaks!
BR has always been more "stingy" when it came to fees. With the new seat selection fees, even companions on the same ticket as an IML member don't get the fees waived.
LandMiler and dav662 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:44 am

BR has always been more "stingy" when it came to fees. With the new seat selection fees, even companions on the same ticket as an IML member don't get the fees waived.
True. But do they also charge for seats for *G on their flights if the passenger is flying on economy? I got on the wrong end of this. When I booked my seat, TG was not charging so I booked the first row in EC. When I flew a few weeks later they had started charging and apparently it was on the same day. Not only did they not tell me that they were charging but they changed my seat without telling me to a few rows back. Now I was upset, because (1) they should have respected the booking as it was done in their system before the charges came into effect. (2) They did not tell me at check in that I should have to pay. (3) On board they told me that they could not ask me to pay because at that time (CAAP) Philippines Civil Aviation Authority, has not approved the charging. I have never heard such a BS story before. Someone else was already sitting in the seat when I boarded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.