Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Transfer Desk at HKG - Open Early Morning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat

I arrive on Cathay at 5:40am and depart on a separate ticket on Eva at 7:25am. Will the transfer desk be open at that time?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Looks that way.

https://www.evaair.com/en-us/managin...s/?airport=HKG

Last edited by Asquared1; Oct 19, 2019 at 4:31 pm
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Asquared1
thanks saw that link, just wasnt super clear if the transfer desk specifically was open, but i assume it should be if everything else is open.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:46 am

It's worth noting that it might not be manned... They'll often have to call staff down from somewhere else especially if they aren't expecting people.

I did a CX-BR connection on the same ticket earlier this year however the staff member left as soon as she'd issued our new BR boarding passes. CX can check baggage through however can't issue BR boarding passes.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henrus
It's worth noting that it might not be manned... They'll often have to call staff down from somewhere else especially if they aren't expecting people.

I did a CX-BR connection on the same ticket earlier this year however the staff member left as soon as she'd issued our new BR boarding passes. CX can check baggage through however can't issue BR boarding passes.
good to know, thanks, guess will just have to see when i get there.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I did the same thing off SQ and it was pretty miserable as I was stuck in the transfer area for a long time waiting for the BR transfer desk to open (exacerbated by my SQ flight arriving early). It was several years ago so I don't remember the exact timing but I doubt the transfer desk was staffed by the stated opening time of the landside desks. I don't know if anything has changed but the transfer waiting area is incredibly unpleasant as it's small, tons of pax in your same situation will likely be packed in there, and there's no retail or food/drink.

Especially if your CX flight arrives early, I suppose you could consider going landside - but that may not be advisable given the current political situation.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gengar
Especially if your CX flight arrives early, I suppose you could consider going landside - but that may not be advisable given the current political situation.
HKIA is completely secure. No one is allowed to enter without a ticket.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Kacee
HKIA is completely secure. No one is allowed to enter without a ticket.
Good to know, thanks. And welcome back.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
I did the same thing off SQ and it was pretty miserable as I was stuck in the transfer area for a long time waiting for the BR transfer desk to open (exacerbated by my SQ flight arriving early). It was several years ago so I don't remember the exact timing but I doubt the transfer desk was staffed by the stated opening time of the landside desks. I don't know if anything has changed but the transfer waiting area is incredibly unpleasant as it's small, tons of pax in your same situation will likely be packed in there, and there's no retail or food/drink.

hmmm didnt even think about having to go landside, but guess will game time decision it...if there is a line and no staff there, ill take my chances exiting, especially given that i am not checking in and will hopefully be able to use my APEC card to clear immigration
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by peezondeez
hmmm didnt even think about having to go landside, but guess will game time decision it...if there is a line and no staff there, ill take my chances exiting, especially given that i am not checking in and will hopefully be able to use my APEC card to clear immigration
I'd go landside over waiting 30+ minutes for transit desk to open. But I am incredibly impatient

I'm flying CX over TG next week specifically to avoid transit desk hassles following a 5:10 am arrival. I already know HKG security won't accept a TG mobile bp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.