Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

B Fare but allowed to choose Elite class seat

Old Oct 20, 19, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat

Looking to buy a mixed econ/biz roundtrip on CGK-TPE and noticed that Economy Up(B fare) allowed me to pick a seat in Elite class, while Economy Standard incurs a charge.

Considering the difference between Economy Standard vs Economy Up is less than $20 and they are charging more to select a seat in Elite class, should be a no brainer?

Assuming this is because they do not sell Elite class on CGK-TPE?

Any chance I get kicked out of my Elite seat after purchasing a B fare and selecting a seat?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 19, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by indo79 View Post
Looking to buy a mixed econ/biz roundtrip on CGK-TPE and noticed that Economy Up(B fare) allowed me to pick a seat in Elite class, while Economy Standard incurs a charge.

Considering the difference between Economy Standard vs Economy Up is less than $20 and they are charging more to select a seat in Elite class, should be a no brainer?

Assuming this is because they do not sell Elite class on CGK-TPE?

Any chance I get kicked out of my Elite seat after purchasing a B fare and selecting a seat?

Thanks!
This is quite common to a few destinations where BR uses aircraft featuring the elite (Premium Economy) cabin but doesn't sell that cabin separately.

The only risk is that they switch to an aircraft that doesn't feature an Elite cabin. This is less likely closer to departure however I've had it happen a few times to Hong Kong.
Old Oct 22, 19, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by henrus View Post
This is quite common to a few destinations where BR uses aircraft featuring the elite (Premium Economy) cabin but doesn't sell that cabin separately.

The only risk is that they switch to an aircraft that doesn't feature an Elite cabin. This is less likely closer to departure however I've had it happen a few times to Hong Kong.
Thank you. I went ahead with just buying C both ways as the difference is not that much.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: