Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Determining fare difference for flight change

Determining fare difference for flight change

Old Jul 30, 19, 7:09 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: YYZ/YKZ
Posts: 3,668
Determining fare difference for flight change

I have a B-fare ticket booked from YYZ-NRT via TPE r/t with the two longer flights in RL via SA upgrade. Due to my original TPE-NRT-TPE flights now being on A321s, I'd like to change at least one to the next flight 40 mins or so later to try the new 787-10 (an uncommon type in North America). Since B-fares allow changes at no cost except for fare difference, is there a way I can figure out how much I'd have to pay? If B-fares are still available for the flight(s) in question, would this mean I wouldn't have any additional costs associated with changing the flights? As my tickets were booked on one reservation, I don't really have an idea how much each individual flight was.
fromYYZ_flyer is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:47 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 437
Depending on when and where the booking was made, inputting reservation details into https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/ev...ifyflight.aspx, may work.
Otherwise, call EVA.
BR787 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by fromYYZ_flyer View Post
If B-fares are still available for the flight(s) in question, would this mean I wouldn't have any additional costs associated with changing the flights?
Depends on the fare rules of the original purchase. Usually not though, unless changing from weekday to weekend flights, but the final source of truth will be the fare rules.
BR787 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:42 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: YYZ/YKZ
Posts: 3,668
Originally Posted by AaaChiuuu View Post
Depending on when and where the booking was made, inputting reservation details into https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/ev...ifyflight.aspx, may work.
Otherwise, call EVA.
Originally Posted by AaaChiuuu View Post
Depends on the fare rules of the original purchase. Usually not though, unless changing from weekday to weekend flights, but the final source of truth will be the fare rules.
My flight departs Canada and the booking was made before the May 22nd cutoff date so this tool does not work. The change I want to make is for a flight for the same day but for a later departure from NRT.
fromYYZ_flyer is offline  
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:45 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by fromYYZ_flyer View Post
My flight departs Canada and the booking was made before the May 22nd cutoff date so this tool does not work. The change I want to make is for a flight for the same day but for a later departure from NRT.
You'd have to call EVA to find out then.
BR787 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread