Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CI vs BR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
It's been over a decade since their last incident, and it's been over a decade and a half since their last incident that was both fatal and entirely their own fault.
Not to mention that with air travel on any major carrier, the risk of a fatal incident is so small that marginal differences in safety between carriers are beyond statistically insignificant. I personally have an aversion to OZ (which has had several troubling incidents over the past five years) but have to admit that's basically irrational when viewed from a statistical perspective. Especially considering how I drive
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not to mention that with air travel on any major carrier, the risk of a fatal incident is so small that marginal differences in safety between carriers are beyond statistically insignificant. I personally have an aversion to OZ (which has had several troubling incidents over the past five years) but have to admit that's basically irrational when viewed from a statistical perspective. Especially considering how I drive
Despite that, I have no doubt in my mind that if I were to select a relatively "unsafe" airline, and a catastrophic event were to occur, I would blame myself for not having chosen a safer airline before I perish. If I had picked a safe airline, I would just resign myself to the bad luck and be at peace. For that peace of mind in an incredibly unlikely scenario, I choose to fly a safer airline (like BR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.