Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x TPE-JFK-TPE down to 1?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by east_west
Is the curfew only for arrivals? UA's SJC->EWR flight departs at 0620AM.
It is by FAR Stage(Noise level). Those that are Stage III have a curfew of 2300-0630 while those that are Stage II have a curfew of 2300-0700. 0630 is when you can take off, there are no curfews on taxiing.
A 787 is a Stage II aircraft meaning it's curfew is 2300-0700.

CURFEW HRS 2300-0700 FAR 36 STAGE II, 2330-0630 FAR 36 STAGE III ACFT LISTED ON THE SCHEDULE OF AUTHORIZED AIRCRAFT ISSUED BY THE DIRECTOR OF AVIATION. DELAYED SCHEDULED FLIGHTS, AND ALTERNATE/EMERGENCY OPERATIONS MAY BE EXEMPT FROM CURFEW HOUR RESTRICTIONS.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:06 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I’m on BR30 right now in J, I’m gonna miss this flight! I hope they bring it back.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I don't fly BR regularly, but when I flew BR32 on a Wednesday night, the front J cabin was less than half full. I certainly enjoyed the increased peace/quiet from having less people in the cabin, but I was surprised it was that empty (given that BR generally seems well-perceived here on FT). Makes some sense as to why they are only going 1x to JFK, perhaps...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mid-week probably contributed to the emptiness.

I hope maybe when they add back NYC service, it will be a 787 to EWR. I know that is not very likely. The next targets are probably IAD or ONT.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by username
Mid-week probably contributed to the emptiness.

I hope maybe when they add back NYC service, it will be a 787 to EWR. I know that is not very likely. The next targets are probably IAD or ONT.
Anywhere besides SFO/LAX that allows onward connections to cities on the east coast on star alliance without an overnight stay would be nice, in other words, none of the existing routes.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by east_west
Anywhere besides SFO/LAX that allows onward connections to cities on the east coast on star alliance without an overnight stay would be nice, in other words, none of the existing routes.
I think IAD would be a decent choice. ORD is probably the best route-structure wise for UA/AC but you have to switch terminal. That adds to complications for those who can't speak English. EWR has too much delay.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by username
I think IAD would be a decent choice. ORD is probably the best route-structure wise for UA/AC but you have to switch terminal. That adds to complications for those who can't speak English. EWR has too much delay.
I agree, IAD would be a good choice for the reasons you mention, and it brings in a new large O&D market.

For IAD connections, UA has flights from IAD to ATL (10:05pm), BOS (10:20pm), CLT (10:15pm), MCO (10:27pm), PHL (10:15pm), PIT (10:30pm), RDU (10:35pm). To provide a ~90 minute connection time for these flights, BR's flight would need to leave TPE at ~645pm getting to IAD at ~830pm ET.

Compare this to ORD, almost all the same east coast connections depart about 1 hour earlier and from a different terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.