Search

Citi Points Transfer to EVA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold
Citi Points Transfer to EVA

Hi all

Curious if anyone has experience transferring points from Chase to EVA Air and how long this takes? Tried searching though could not find.

It's interesting as booking a business class flight directly from EVA can be less than booking via UA on to EVA.

Thank you!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:25 am

EVA is not a transfer partner for Chase. Your only option other than United is Singapore.

Beward United's award chart will devalue as of 11/1 -- Business class from US to SE Asia will rise to 90k
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold
Oh shoot! I meant Citibank PremierMiles Visa card, not Chase. Sorry!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:06 pm

Might want to delete this thread and start another with the correct title so you get some more replies! I can't help you with Citipoints, sorry.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:05 pm

they take about 3-4 days to transfer in. As for booking with Eva, i think its the same as United. ive only used the exclusively from PE--> J.

you can find more info in the Citi TYP forum. but heres the link u want to see --> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27263069-post417.html
bj27 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:08 pm

I did 2 Citibank transfers earlier this year, and it took 1 or 2 business days. However, I did one earlier this month, and it hasn't shown up after almost 2 weeks. I called the Thank You desk, and the first person was not helpful (wait the full 2 weeks, and then call back). I asked to speak with a supervisor. Unofficially, there has been occasional problems with EVA transfers, and Citi will redo the transfer (credit the miles back to your account, and start a new transfer).

You will get an "transfer order confirmation" email right away. In one or two business days, you will get a "transfer complete" email confirmation. That is when EVA tells Citi that the points have been posted.

If you don't get the "transfer complete" email after a few business days, call the Thank You desk and ask to speak to a supervisor.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by localkinegrindz
Oh shoot! I meant Citibank PremierMiles Visa card, not Chase. Sorry!
Just to note this appears to be a CC offering specific to Citi Singapore - don't know if that affects transfer times versus say, TYP.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BR Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hi! (First time posting, please excuse any errors.)

I was wondering if anyone has experience combining Citi TY points transfers with existing EVA miles. I'm currently trying to upgrade from Elite to RL, which requires 40k miles but I only have 19k. Was hoping to transfer 21k from my Citi account to make it 40k.

Is that allowed? Or are we not allowed to combine miles from two sources.

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by abovethepacific
Hi! (First time posting, please excuse any errors.)

I was wondering if anyone has experience combining Citi TY points transfers with existing EVA miles. I'm currently trying to upgrade from Elite to RL, which requires 40k miles but I only have 19k. Was hoping to transfer 21k from my Citi account to make it 40k.

Is that allowed? Or are we not allowed to combine miles from two sources.

Thanks!
yes, you can transfer 21k and it will add together with your 19k. then upgrade with the 40k.

i believe the only time you cant combine miles is from 2 different people. so like if your wife needs 21k, you cant send her 21k, you would have to send her the full 40k for her to upgrade.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Isn't that the worse redemption possible? Why not transfer to SQ and book BR via SQ?

Or you might fly SQ even which I would do if it made sense routing wise.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
SQ miles are now crap after the devaluation, not worth using to book BR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.