Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Ordering Special Dietary Meal in Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:10 pm
jbb
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold

Flying JFK-TPE-SIN in business class and wondering what the special dietary meals are like (ie. low sodium). I have never ordered a special meal in business class and was wondering if the quality for these special meals is the same as other business class meals or if one gets an economy type meal?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jbb
Flying JFK-TPE-SIN in business class and wondering what the special dietary meals are like (ie. low sodium). I have never ordered a special meal in business class and was wondering if the quality for these special meals is the same as other business class meals or if one gets an economy type meal?
The main course of the special meal are the same across all cabins. Only difference are the things that accompany it.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:26 am
jbb
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
The main course of the special meal are the same across all cabins. Only difference are the things that accompany it.
Thank you. So, this means that the quality of the main course meal for a Special Meal will be more like an Economy Class meal than a Business Class meal.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jbb
Thank you. So, this means that the quality of the main course meal for a Special Meal will be more like an Economy Class meal than a Business Class meal.
Only meal that is different among the classes is the Seafood meal. Other than that, they are all basically economy class meals. If seated in Business, they will most likely dump it onto a plate for you.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Only meal that is different among the classes is the Seafood meal. Other than that, they are all basically economy class meals. If seated in Business, they will most likely dump it onto a plate for you.
Is this true? I can't believe catering for meat dishes would be the same for economy and business.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by petey2428
Is this true? I can't believe catering for meat dishes would be the same for economy and business.
My wife has only traveled with me a few times over the last few years on flights on EVA. She is forced to order a special meal for each of our flights on EVA and while I can't confirm that the meals are the same as those in economy class (for special meals), I can say that the meals she has been served is pretty poor compared to the regular business class meals. My guess is that they are indeed the same for business, premium economy and economy class.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
BR 852 HKG-TPE

Vegetarian Oriental.

I like how well displayed the SPML pre-order is in the BR App.

Gorgeous bird

It was hot, tasty and perfect for the short flight.. I really need to carry my own packets of Sambal sauce.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 13, 2018 at 10:31 am
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Royal Laurel Vegetarian Meals

Hi All,
I am booking my mom into Royal Laurel for SFO-TPE next month. She is a vegetarian and we selected Vegetarian Oriental - because it is a special meal, there is no order in advance option, so we can't see the exact entrees to be served.

Has anyone else ordered veggie meals in BR business and can share their experience with what would be provided? Was wondering if they just provide the Economy meal, or if there is a step up from that.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fearless2357
Hi All,
I am booking my mom into Royal Laurel for SFO-TPE next month. She is a vegetarian and we selected Vegetarian Oriental - because it is a special meal, there is no order in advance option, so we can't see the exact entrees to be served.

Has anyone else ordered veggie meals in BR business and can share their experience with what would be provided? Was wondering if they just provide the Economy meal, or if there is a step up from that.

@fearless2357

First, this thread on Special Meals already exists.

I've ordered Vegetarian Oriental a number of times on these BR routes: LAX-TPE, TPE-HKG, TPE-YYZ, And most recently HKG-TPE. Food had been good to great to fantastic. It depends.

See my post and photos

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30531500-post7.html
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 24left
@fearless2357

First, this thread on Special Meals already exists.

See my post and photos

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30531500-post7.html
Thanks - sorry should have spent more time searching through the old BR thread. Much appreciated!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold, QF, VA, CI
For those who want a Vegetarian options there are actually a couple of dishes listed under the RL/PL/SB ex-TPE meal selection menu that might be worth considering:
  • Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley - given the Chinese nature of this dish there's a good chance this is Vegetarian Oriental
  • Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries - most likely Vegetarian Lacto-Ovo if it has cheese
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:58 am

Do these pre-ordering vegetarian entrees come with appetizers as normal business meal selections? Would like to order it but not if it comes with foie gras...
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bearchemist
Do these pre-ordering vegetarian entrees come with appetizers as normal business meal selections? Would like to order it but not if it comes with foie gras...
@bearchemist

On the EVA Special Meals' page, this information is provided. It clearly states what types of items are part of the various vegetarian meals. (Not sure if you were joking about the foie gras but I have not even seen foie gras on my First Class flights with 4 other airlines, so I would hardly expect it in business class, but more so, why would any type of "meat" be part of a vegetarian meal?)

I don't recall an appetizer as part of the meal I posted above but it was a short Asia-regional flight. Perhaps others here who have flown BR more recently on both long-haul and short AND have ordered vegetarian can provide more info.

https://www.evaair.com/en-us/flying-...special-meals/

Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
@bearchemist

On the EVA Special Meals' page, this information is provided. It clearly states what types of items are part of the various vegetarian meals. (Not sure if you were joking about the foie gras but I have not even seen foie gras on my First Class flights with 4 other airlines, so I would hardly expect it in business class, but more so, why would any type of "meat" be part of a vegetarian meal?)

I don't recall an appetizer as part of the meal I posted above but it was a short Asia-regional flight. Perhaps others here who have flown BR more recently on both long-haul and short AND have ordered vegetarian can provide more info.

https://www.evaair.com/en-us/flying-...special-meals/

I was referring to pre-order main course such like vegetarian burger. I would expect those are served with regular appetizers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.