Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA price dropping on IAH->HAN?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Post EVA price dropping on IAH->HAN?

Hi all, I've been doing some price checking on a multi-city flight from IAH->HAN, return PNH->IAH and am wondering if a pattern I noticed might indicate the price for my preferred flight will go back down.

I want to travel 11/17 return 12/3. This flight was consistently at about $800 until I looked earlier this week with intentions to finally purchase, and the price went up to about $1,100.

If I look up flights for several weeks sooner or later, the price goes back down to $700-$800. For example, if my itinerary were 9/22-10-8 (same days of the week as my itinerary) the cost is $772. It holds around that price all the way up until a week before my planned itinerary, so if we left 11/10 return 11/26, price goes back up and stays up until about 2 weeks after our planned itinerary.

Hopefully my explanation is clear! My question is - if I wait maybe 2-3 weeks, where my itinerary is now in the window where these earlier flights currently are now, is it reasonable to expect the price will go back down?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
You've been missing out if you're intending to fly IAH.

Air China has been running $399 promos from IAH-Asia and United has been running some cities in Asia like HKG from IAH for only $320!!!

You need to buy from an TA. There's no way you're paying more than $600 from an Y-Ticket to anywhere in Asia right now.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
You've been missing out if you're intending to fly IAH.

Air China has been running $399 promos from IAH-Asia and United has been running some cities in Asia like HKG from IAH for only $320!!!

You need to buy from an TA. There's no way you're paying more than $600 from an Y-Ticket to anywhere in Asia right now.
Please enlighten but $600 Y ticket to Asia, one way or round trip, all-in?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:15 pm

RT All-in FSC inclusive

Supply > Demand

CA dropped frequency to 4x an while ago
CA 4x, BR 7x, NH 7x, KE 4x, and etc. That's too many seats!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks... I haven't seen anything at all in that price range though! We are flying from IAH to Hanoi, so there are different options for what city we connect through (Taipei, Singapore, Seoul being the main ones) and then returning from Phnom Penh.

If I look up this itinerary to take place in September (leaving two months from now) the prices are all about $700.

When I look up the itinerary for our actual dates of travel (Nov 17-Dec 3) it goes up to over $1,000.

I am trying to fly on EVA for rewards reasons. I looked up the flight availability for fare buckets on Expert Flyer and see plenty of Q and V fares (EVA's cheapest in coach) all through September and October all the way up until November 16...then Nov 17 and 18 have 0 fares listed in Q and V...even though up until July 15 they had plenty! What happened? If I wait so our departure is closer to 3 months out, will the price maybe go back down? I really don't want to shell out $400 extra if the price is just going to drop.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:47 pm

If you're booking an August ticket now with $$ than you are out of your mind because other seats were booked long ago.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by pgrmb04
Thanks... I haven't seen anything at all in that price range though! We are flying from IAH to Hanoi, so there are different options for what city we connect through (Taipei, Singapore, Seoul being the main ones) and then returning from Phnom Penh.

If I look up this itinerary to take place in September (leaving two months from now) the prices are all about $700.

When I look up the itinerary for our actual dates of travel (Nov 17-Dec 3) it goes up to over $1,000.

I am trying to fly on EVA for rewards reasons. I looked up the flight availability for fare buckets on Expert Flyer and see plenty of Q and V fares (EVA's cheapest in coach) all through September and October all the way up until November 16...then Nov 17 and 18 have 0 fares listed in Q and V...even though up until July 15 they had plenty! What happened? If I wait so our departure is closer to 3 months out, will the price maybe go back down? I really don't want to shell out $400 extra if the price is just going to drop.
pgrmb04, check Google flights. Currently is showing $931 for the dates you requested. You can book for that price through Orbitz or Expedia.
If you are flexible with your dates, leaving 11/16 is $802 and leaving 11/18 is $871.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
If you're booking an August ticket now with $$ than you are out of your mind because other seats were booked long ago.

Thanks - I've said twice that I am flying in NOVEMBER but thanks for your input....
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theasianguy
pgrmb04, check Google flights. Currently is showing $931 for the dates you requested. You can book for that price through Orbitz or Expedia.
If you are flexible with your dates, leaving 11/16 is $802 and leaving 11/18 is $871.
Google flights has led me to a whole new level of frustration, as it will display flight prices and links to book on Orbitz, etc, as you mention, and then upon getting to the booking site the price is actually $400+ higher. Apparently this has been an issue for a while for many people.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by pgrmb04
Thanks - I've said twice that I am flying in NOVEMBER but thanks for your input....
Great than you should be able to snatch the deals I was talking about at the super cheap rates. (With the condition your travel won't overlap thanksgiving)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.