Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA: Any Chance of SEA Going 777 Full Time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

SEA is a pretty busy market for EVA - but I don't understand why the old 747 continues to plague this route.

Has anyone heard any reports through the grapevine that SEA might get the 777 consistently on certain days, or perhaps the route will change to the 777 full time?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
SEA is a pretty busy market for EVA - but I don't understand why the old 747 continues to plague this route.

Has anyone heard any reports through the grapevine that SEA might get the 777 consistently on certain days, or perhaps the route will change to the 777 full time?
Sadly sir, I don't know the answer to your question. But with the 747 combis going the way of the do do bird, i'm sure the 744's will be retired soon, no? Once they do, I'm sure you'll fly the 773.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
I've asked FAs and travel agents about this (but no real decision-makers), and they've said that the Seattle route mainly connects passengers to SE Asia, who mostly fly economy. They suggest that the demand for business class is less, so they do not make as much money on this route. Guess that means it's less of a priority for them?

Personally, I'm excited to fly an old 747 from PEK-TPE in a few days. I'll miss these planes when they retire!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I see the 777 popping up on certain days in May...but I'm worried about the risk of last minute subs...those 747s can't get retired fast enough.

LAX and SFO rarely have upgrade space open up and we don't want to backtrack to YYZ or IAH.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I see the 777 popping up on certain days in May...but I'm worried about the risk of last minute subs...those 747s can't get retired fast enough.

LAX and SFO rarely have upgrade space open up and we don't want to backtrack to YYZ or IAH.
Have you tried calling BR directly for upgrade inventory? My sample size is admittedly small but I have had no problems using UA miles to upgrade myself and my family in an upcoming LAX-TPE-LAX trip.

Last edited by LAX/HKG; Mar 4, 2015 at 9:21 am Reason: More info
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Have you tried calling BR directly for upgrade inventory? My sample size is admittedly small but I have had no problems using UA miles to upgrade myself and my family in an upcoming LAX-TPE-LAX trip.
Not for this trip yet, but I've called to get inventory before. They usually release closer to departure so I'm not sure there are any seats yet, but we will give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.