Search

EVA Connection Help - 45 min at TPE?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
EVA Connection Help - 45 min at TPE?

Hello- 1st time poster- Quick Question:

In a few months I have a flight from LAX to BKK, my layover is in TPE, but it's only a 45 minute layover. Same Airline, Eva Airlines flight BR011- I have business class, so will be one of the 1st off the plane.

Is 45 minutes enough? I never flew through TPE- But people told me I don't have to go through customs that I just go through "transit" to go to my EVA Gate?

Any Ideas? Thx !!
Old May 12, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Since your post is about EVA, I've moved it to the Other Asian Airlines forum to gain the attention of those FlyerTalkers who are most knowledgable of the subject. For future reference, you can find this forum listed under "Airlines and Mileage Programs" in the "Miles&Points" forum category (please see the FlyerTalk Forum Index).

Note to readers/mods: This thread originated at the flame-free Information Desk. Please reply accordingly.

Thanks to all who offer assistance, and safe travels to the OP.

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old May 12, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by get0ffdanutzz
Hello- 1st time poster- Quick Question:

In a few months I have a flight from LAX to BKK, my layover is in TPE, but it's only a 45 minute layover. Same Airline, Eva Airlines flight BR011- I have business class, so will be one of the 1st off the plane.

Is 45 minutes enough? I never flew through TPE- But people told me I don't have to go through customs that I just go through "transit" to go to my EVA Gate?

Any Ideas? Thx !!

EVA handles those connections very efficiently. They will almost certainly make you make it. On a tight connection like that they often have agents at the gate with signs when you deplane to herd you through security and on to the next gate. I wouldn't worry to much.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Citi-Prestige,
I fly that route everytime I visit Thailand . You will go pass a bag check then upstairs
If your flight to TPE arrives on time then you will have enough time
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:36 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
1.35 hour connection in TPE

Hi all,

Sorry to piggyback off this this thread from 2014. I currently have an 1.35 hour layover in TPE in March and was wondering if this is enough time to grab a quick shower during the layover in one of the lounges? I am flying in from LAX on BR15 and connecting to SIN on BR225.

Thanks!
Lisa
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Plenty of time. Use the SQ lounge showers. Plenty of space, great water pressure and a very attentive staff member. I also find the atmosphere preferable over the BR lounges.

Originally Posted by traveling_newbie
Hi all,

Sorry to piggyback off this this thread from 2014. I currently have an 1.35 hour layover in TPE in March and was wondering if this is enough time to grab a quick shower during the layover in one of the lounges? I am flying in from LAX on BR15 and connecting to SIN on BR225.

Thanks!
Lisa
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

People appreciate it when posters go through the trouble to add to existing threads instead of starting new ones

I would say 1:35 is a little tight as time can be quickly eaten up by:

1 - late arrival (especially for west bound TPACs such as BR15: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA15 )
2 - getting off the plane (if you are not in RL or PE)
3 - security (since a lot of flights arrive that time of the day carrying a lot of transit passengers)
4 - walking to/from the SQ Lounge - at least 5+ minutes each way
5 - if you have to wait for a shower to open (I think they have only 2).

You also have to board your connecting flight at T-10 or T-15.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The BR lounges will be extremely busy in the morning when most longhaul flights arrive TPE and there is likely to be a long queue for the showers - but go ahead and ask, maybe you are lucky and only a few people are waiting for showers.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
My two arrivals between 06:00 and 06:45 from SFO into TPE I was in RL and at the SQ lounge desk within 15 minutes. The SQ lounge was nearly empty at the time and remained so for the hours I was there doing work emails before heading into town. I inquired about a shower at the front desk and by the time I got to the back area the attendant was waiting for me with a prepared shower room.

These two experiences remain anecdotal until others with similar experiences agree or disagree with it but I can agree with the BR lounges being busy.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:04 pm
formerly ltabi

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Plenty of time. Use the SQ lounge showers. Plenty of space, great water pressure and a very attentive staff member. I also find the atmosphere preferable over the BR lounges.
Awesome, good to know about the SQ lounge. Will definitely check that out!

Originally Posted by username
People appreciate it when posters go through the trouble to add to existing threads instead of starting new ones

I would say 1:35 is a little tight as time can be quickly eaten up by:

1 - late arrival (especially for west bound TPACs such as BR15: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA15 )
2 - getting off the plane (if you are not in RL or PE)
3 - security (since a lot of flights arrive that time of the day carrying a lot of transit passengers)
4 - walking to/from the SQ Lounge - at least 5+ minutes each way
5 - if you have to wait for a shower to open (I think they have only 2).

You also have to board your connecting flight at T-10 or T-15.
It was a bit time consuming to find this thread, glad I did!
I will be in RL in 1K (unless they change my seat), I am hoping that the flight won't arrive too late, I also checked with flightaware and saw some delays

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The BR lounges will be extremely busy in the morning when most longhaul flights arrive TPE and there is likely to be a long queue for the showers - but go ahead and ask, maybe you are lucky and only a few people are waiting for showers.
Thanks for advising
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
My two arrivals between 06:00 and 06:45 from SFO into TPE I was in RL and at the SQ lounge desk within 15 minutes. The SQ lounge was nearly empty at the time and remained so for the hours I was there doing work emails before heading into town. I inquired about a shower at the front desk and by the time I got to the back area the attendant was waiting for me with a prepared shower room.

These two experiences remain anecdotal until others with similar experiences agree or disagree with it but I can agree with the BR lounges being busy.
Thanks for providing some info about the wait time, hoping that I get lucky and not alot of people will be using the SQ lounge that day.

Thanks all for the replies, really appreciate it
-Lisa
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:07 pm

I'd add that the BR and SQ lounges are very close, so it's easy to hop between the two if there is a wait for the shower in one or the other.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:43 pm
formerly ltabi

Originally Posted by east_west
I'd add that the BR and SQ lounges are very close, so it's easy to hop between the two if there is a wait for the shower in one or the other.
​​​​​​​That's awesome to know, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.