Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Just FYI--the children's meals are the same in PE and RL. IMO, they're pretty tasty. The EY versions are pretty bad.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:18 am

Hi All, flying TPE>JFK Saturday and here are my options. Has anyone had any of these dishes and can recommend any? Or to stay away from any of the options? The Sea Bass looks interesting but what is “Tans”?

Thanks all!

Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by ArtVandelay Industries
Hi All, flying TPE>JFK Saturday and here are my options. Has anyone had any of these dishes and can recommend any? Or to stay away from any of the options? The Sea Bass looks interesting but what is “Tans”?

I believe this is the special Tan-style cooking menu: https://www.evaair.com/en-us/about-e...-banquet.html#

Probably modified for Winter.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond.
My friend had the sea bass and said it was amazing. I decided to skip the first meal but below is savory vermicelli soup with pork and taro, it was very delicious.

Originally Posted by ArtVandelay Industries

Thanks all!

Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by erics2356
Does BR serve different champagne on the ground vs in the air? What pre departure drinks do they typically offer?
It's sparkling wine on the ground along with water and I've had fresh guava/pineapple juice so it will depend what kind of juice they have on offer that day
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:24 am

The EVA Air stir fried Lobster with ginger is easily one of the best dishes from any airlines.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:33 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Q69Q
The EVA Air stir fried Lobster with ginger is easily one of the best dishes from any airlines.
I have to disagree, got it ex-JFK and it was disgusting, I couldn't even eat it and I am really not picky about food in the air. Maybe it is better from other stations.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:22 am

had the chilean sea bass today. thought it was pretty good. its quite spicy
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum
First time flying EVA, which meal should I choose?

Kia Ora guys,

first time flying EVA, super excited. Flying BR184 TPE-NRT on 17 Dec and I chose the Japanese meal. I’m having trouble deciding what to order for my return flight on BR183 NRT-TPE.

Here are the options:
- Din Tai Fung spicy shrimp and pork wonton with steamed beef soup
- Beef hamburger steak with yuzu teriyaki sauce served with fried potatoes
- salty flavoured chicken with leek
- grilled beef fillet with wasabi sauce
- sauté flounder with tomato and caper sauce served with rice noodles

I was hoping there would be one of those lavish Japanese set meal but there’s not 😢 any suggestions on what’s good?

thanks guys!
lex
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The lamb out of TPE to YYZ yesterday was not good.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Lexolot
Kia Ora guys,

first time flying EVA, super excited. Flying BR184 TPE-NRT on 17 Dec and I chose the Japanese meal. I’m having trouble deciding what to order for my return flight on BR183 NRT-TPE.

Here are the options:
- Din Tai Fung spicy shrimp and pork wonton with steamed beef soup
- Beef hamburger steak with yuzu teriyaki sauce served with fried potatoes
- salty flavoured chicken with leek
- grilled beef fillet with wasabi sauce
- sauté flounder with tomato and caper sauce served with rice noodles

I was hoping there would be one of those lavish Japanese set meal but there’s not 😢 any suggestions on what’s good?

thanks guys!
lex
The Japanese meal is available to pick onboard. It doesn't always show up in the online preorder menu, iirc.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:35 am

Missing special meal options?

I have a flight SFO-TPE on January 13 in Royal Laurel. The Eva website said that I couldn't preorder meals until T-21. On T-21, I tried to preorder, but it only lists the 3 regular items and not the special preorder-only items. Do I wait? Will they pop up in a few more days? I called Eva and they had no idea what was wrong.

EDIT: never mind. They just showed up in the last few days, T-5 or so.
Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet Served with Crystal Pink Salt or Veal Jus/Assorted Vegetables/Roasted Potatoes
Pork with Five Spice Sauce, Sauteed Scallop with King Oyster Mushroom/Assorted Vegetables/Fried Rice with Mushroom
Noodle Soup with Roasted Chicken Served with Chayote and Shimeji Mushroom/ Black Fungus and Carrot
Exclusive: Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive: Stir Fried Beef with Assorted Mushroom in Satay Sauce Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive: Herb Roasted Lamb Chop with Rosemary Apricot Sauce Served with Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
Exclusive: Braised Duck and Taro with Orange Five Spice Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Last edited by bananagranola; Jan 7, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: OZ
Hello Everyone! I’m excited as this is my first time flying (TPE-SFO) Business long haul. Can you help me choosing the best meal? Too bad the lobster is not on the option below. Thank you much!

Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:30 am

For February 2020 on YYZ-TPE overnight:
No lobster on YYZ-TPE either. I'm not sure if anyone has posted photos of the prawn and scallops before? One thing I don't like about the EVA YYZ-TPE route is that they serve first meal at 3 am when many people want to sleep due to our bodies being on YYZ local time. I understand why EVA does it to adjust everyone to TPE time, but it'd be nice to be able to get 6-8 hours of sleep right after takeoff and then spend the rest of the flight awake.
Supper
  • Braised Pork with Soya Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Grilled Medallion Veal and Sauteed Shrimp with Lobster Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Cheesy Cavatappi
  • Noodle Soup with Cod Slice Served with Stir Fried King Oyster Mushroom with Basil and Marinated Egg
  • *Stir Fried Prawn and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • *Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
  • *Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes
  • *Sauteed Chicken Breast with Cheesy Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Lyonnaise Potatoes
Breakfast
  • Chinese Plain Porridge with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Chinese Sausage, Stir Fried Water Chestnut, Asparagus and Baby Corn
  • Banana Bread French Toast with Maple Syrup and Mixed Berries
  • Spinach and Bacon Mozzarella Frittata Served with Turkey Sausage and Roasted Potatoes

And TPE-BKK in the morning:
The been shank noodle soup always looks good in photos. Being Hong Kong Chinese myself, I'm curious as to what's the difference between Chinese Plain Porridge and Taiwanese Plain Porridge.
Breakfast
  • Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Preserved Sun Dried Turnip Egg Patty, Wok Fried Eringi Mushroom and Green Beans with Asian Spiced Salt
  • Cajun Spiced Chicken Thigh Served with Pesto Penne Pasta and Vegetables
  • Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Me too!

Originally Posted by crazyflyer82
Hello Everyone! I’m excited as this is my first time flying (TPE-SFO) Business long haul. Can you help me choosing the best meal? Too bad the lobster is not on the option below. Thank you much!

I I am also about to fly this route, and looking for recommendations, I'm particularly interested in any of the seafood...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.