Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: TPE lounges renamed (again)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by someone0000
They've since updated the access rules again. Seems they want to cover just about every cardholder and member possible.

According to the Chinese version of the website (which I've loosely translated) -

The Garden
Infinity MileageLands Diamond
Amex Black/EVA Air Cobrand Card
Citibank EVA Air Cobrand World Card

The Infinity
Infinity MilelageLands Diamond
EVA Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business
Star Alliance First/Business

The Star (which strangely has a blue sky theme)
Infinity MileageLands Diamond/Gold
EVA Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business
Star Alliance First/Business
Star Alliance Gold
Business customers and FFP members of codeshare partners and airlines which EVA does ground handling for

The Club
Infinity MileageLands Silver
"Industry Collaboration Partners and Birthday Cards"
Citibank Diamond Card
Diners Club
Citibank EVA Air Cobrand Titanium/Platinum Card

From the looks of things The Infinity and The Star would get pretty crowded during peak since The Garden doesn't have showers of its own. Otherwise if those that belong in The Garden stay there, the crowd should be dispersed across the four lounges.

Screenshot of lounge locations
Flying business SFO-TPE and then connecting on a EVA shorthaul also in business... have four hours to burn at TPE. Sounds like I wouldn't be able to use The Garden--correct? Could I check out the other three?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by savekenny
Flying business SFO-TPE and then connecting on a EVA shorthaul also in business... have four hours to burn at TPE. Sounds like I wouldn't be able to use The Garden--correct? Could I check out the other three?
Correct, no Garden for you.

I have no idea what "The Club" is, have never even seen it.

The other 2 share a common entrance way and they direct you to one or the other based on some unknown ruleset. But I would expect they would have no problem with you checking the other one out if you ask.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:34 pm

This CHINESE blog has nice details of the lounge
臺灣桃園國際機場~第二航廈~長榮航空The Infinity貴賓室 @ 三本財與小豬豬 :: 痞客邦 PIXNET ::
http://infinite520visa.pixnet.net/blog/post/151612542

I used The Infinity the other day as Business pax & brought guest with my *G card
The food is decent

I think The Infinity only differ from The Star in that The Infinity shower rooms has toilets inside

I saw the outside of The Club, it was fancy
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I used the Star recently on a cheap economy ticket with my *G status. It was ok, but nothing really special. Nowhere near as nice as the Eva partner lounge I was able to use in HKG, the Virgin Clubhouse.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Frankly there isn't much to choose between the Star and the Infinity, and they both get pretty full. The Garden (for Diamonds) is nice for its ambience, but there are no loos and less food choice.

Has any BR Gold worked out whether they get the Infinity or the Gold (as with other *golds)? I think the Chinese is different from the English on the site.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: United
Does EVA still have 3-cabin flights with first class seats? any *A first class flying to/out of TPE?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Eva has no First class in their fleet. Only Business class, PE and Economy.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: United
thats what i remembered and i believe no *A flights to TPE with first class. i was kinda wondering why they still have "first class" designation in the lounge eligibility description.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by opusone
thats what i remembered and i believe no *A flights to TPE with first class. i was kinda wondering why they still have "first class" designation in the lounge eligibility description.
You could be connecting to F in SIN, NRT, HKG or others.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
A good point for SQ Silverkris lounge that do accept *G BR Y travellers, not even tried to shift me in BR lounges.
We've seen cases where lounge hopping was frowned upon.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Hi folks!

Had a quick question. I'm *G (with Air Canada), flying Royal Laurel to TPE, and then transferring out. Which lounges can I enter that have a shower?

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by vliou
Hi folks!

Had a quick question. I'm *G (with Air Canada), flying Royal Laurel to TPE, and then transferring out. Which lounges can I enter that have a shower?

Thanks!
Depending on your outgoing flight from TPE. Connecting to PL/RL or *A First/Biz flights will let you in Infinity Lounge, while connecting to any other *A flights will allow you in Star Lounge. Both have decent shower facilities, Infinity has shower stalls with inside toilet.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:32 am

Arrived via Elite Class from LAX on 12/29 on my way to BKK (also Elite). Was sent to the Infinity Lounge. Shower facility is much better. I'm EVA Gold.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Does "Elite" class have access to any lounges in TPE?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Does "Elite" class have access to any lounges in TPE?
I don't think so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.