Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA lounge renovations -- finally!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Reckon they'll still mess around with it. With smaller PL cabins (I'll have my first flight in a 777 where the entire rear PL cabin has been converted to Elite tomorrow), could the business lounge will be rather empty whilst the "everyone else" lounge is packed - silvers, golds, other airlines etc?

I would hope that Diamonds get the choice to use any of the lounges.

But it does seem more logical than before.

Actually I've rather enjoyed the "standard" lounge during the renovations. I like the way they've extended it outside in the roped off bit. Much less gloomy and quieter too.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:19 am
evq

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by jimbo99
Reckon they'll still mess around with it. With smaller PL cabins (I'll have my first flight in a 777 where the entire rear PL cabin has been converted to Elite tomorrow), could the business lounge will be rather empty whilst the "everyone else" lounge is packed - silvers, golds, other airlines etc?

I would hope that Diamonds get the choice to use any of the lounges.

But it does seem more logical than before.

Actually I've rather enjoyed the "standard" lounge during the renovations. I like the way they've extended it outside in the roped off bit. Much less gloomy and quieter too.
WAAA??? Entire rear PL converted to elite??? I thought it was just 1 row in the rear PL cabin converted to elite?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by evq
WAAA??? Entire rear PL converted to elite??? I thought it was just 1 row in the rear PL cabin converted to elite?
http://www.evaair.com/NR/rdonlyres/B...R_338_Seat.jpg

EXTRA TOILET for ELITE and some dwell space.. (On RHS side)!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TypicalAnonym
Was issued the NT$180 coupon upon check-in in SEA in lieu of TPE lounge access. When I got to Taipei, I went to the lounge, flashed my silver card, and naively asked whether I could use the lounge. The dude said I had to be flying BR that day and when I showed my TPE-BKK boarding pass, he let me in!
I'm starting to suspect the voucher value is based on purchased fare. In November, I was in L class from TPE-LAX, and I was given a NT$180 voucher. This January, I was in M class from TPE-SEA, and I was given a NT$250 voucher. I thought they increased the voucher because people were complaining NT$180 wasn't getting much.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by EVA Air
I'm starting to suspect the voucher value is based on purchased fare. In November, I was in L class from TPE-LAX, and I was given a NT$180 voucher. This January, I was in M class from TPE-SEA, and I was given a NT$250 voucher. I thought they increased the voucher because people were complaining NT$180 wasn't getting much.
A few years back, travelling L class, the voucher was around US$10 when they were renovating TBI terminal lounges at LAX.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:40 pm

EVA has released a press release that renovations for the Diamond Lounge are complete:
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/Chine...nauguration_zh

I couldn't find an English version.

It sounds like access will be available to Premium Laurel & Diamond Card passengers, while the Business Lounge will be open to Gold & Silver card members. The Garden will remain exclusive to Diamond Card members.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Google Translation

Originally Posted by EVA Air
EVA has released a press release that renovations for the Diamond Lounge are complete:
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/Chine...nauguration_zh

I couldn't find an English version.
Google Translation Bolding mine ^

EVA Air VIP lounge extension Taoyuan airport opening

Year of the Rabbit spring, EVA Air New Taoyuan airport lounge extension, especially in time for the Spring Festival peak travel season before this (20) at the official opening of the New Year abroad so that more passengers can use the new VIP room.

EVA Air Taoyuan airport VIP room is located on the fourth floor in the second terminal, is the largest area of Taoyuan airport VIP room, divided into the diamond district, business district and the Garden District, area. The expansion is the diamond district, after the completion of an area of 360 pings, about 160 seats, spacious, amplifier, bright open space, plus catering These special services, and the complete hardware and software facilities, EVA Air exquisite fully extended services.

VIP access to the diamond district, and immediately feel the ceiling design Creative design, painting the sky and clouds painted zenith, with LED lights to create a morning and evening clouds changing situations such as earth, so that visitors feel the full impact of light on the flow of nature.

The concept for the design of Star Galaxy bar units, the ceiling has little flashing stars, bar sets arc with all kinds of drinks, freshly brewed coffee, snacks, and the Western point of Taiwan, and even the famous Swiss Fan, He (Movenpick ) ice cream. Also set the "Healthy Vegetarian zone", supply health sweet potatoes, healthy fruit and vegetable salad bar, bread and other high-fiber grains. In special festivals, will provide power now Qiefei steak or pork ribs or Din Tai Fung dumplings and chicken soup and other delicacies.

Diamond district new extension to complete the VIP room, take the top hotel design, with a special dinner at the independent, commanding, bird's eye view from the ledge to departure hall of Terminal II. Resting place in the area, with nearly 100 single sofa, visitors can read books and newspapers in this magazine, or watch 56-inch LED TV is the big show. Another demand based on business travelers, in particular, large semi-circular sofa sofa or a long bar, for people to discuss official business.

Based on the needs of the modern traveler, Diamond District, lounge provides the industry's first wireless all region internet 802.11N, external network bandwidth up to 100M or more, the recipient no dead ends, passengers can easily access. Visitors not to bring personal computers, the Internet can be in the computer room or print the document.

In particular note is the new diamond area is equipped with four bright and spacious, separate shower, wet and dry, use large surface tiles imported building materials, design styles How heart of the shower space, including Japanese Zen style, classical style, new art of self, and four post-modern aesthetics, style, bathing visitors at the airport is a kind of enjoyment.

Diamond District Lounge patchwork showcase the region, will plan showing the wonderful cultural and creative works of art in Taiwan, so that business class travelers from around the world, can enjoy the exquisite local culture.

The re-expansion of the diamond district to complete the VIP room, primarily for EVA Air Laurel business class passengers with Diamond; pick an empty design of the "Evergreen Garden" lounge, the Diamond exclusively for Evergreen Club membership card to use; As Business District VIP room, are for Gold, Silver members and cardholders to use credit card companies have cooperation.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:22 pm

Thanks - I just had Ms Jimbo read it to me, I think she did a better job than google, but I didn't write it down!

I suppose it's a bit a of a downgrade for FFs in that PLs (even non-FF PLs) will get a better lounge than golds.

But anyway in the end it's just a lounge. No decent view, inconvenient location and no doubt there will be a poor choice of reading matter/food for westerners. Great - no "dead zones" on your wifi - but will they have enough power sockets to go around? (Constructed of "imported" materials, perhaps?)

Sorry to be cynical, but I'm rather sick today and have had to put off Monday's BR67 flight to next weekend. Was going to miles-upgrade to PL too, but peak-season starts Saturday. I pre-checked when they have availability and Ms Jimbo makes a call. OK I get the flight - but then it's a hassle getting a seat allocated. The bloke seems not to know how to allocate the Elite seats kept back for golds.

So her take is they should get some of the basics sorted out - their Taiwan call centre used to be so much better.

Oh then a short time later they ring back and tell her that because I've changed my flight, they've cancelled my Skyshop pre-order. Except I didn't have one. Ms Jimbo is suspicious!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Blue
Knowing EVA the cost of the renovations will have to be recovered from "cost-downing" the food...
You really have EVA down to a tee, lol. Voucher sounds like it was a joke. It'd be like BA giving me a £5 meal voucher in lieu of lounge access. Reading threads like these honestly makes me ashamed to work for BR sometimes.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Dave Z
You really have EVA down to a tee, lol. Voucher sounds like it was a joke. It'd be like BA giving me a £5 meal voucher in lieu of lounge access. Reading threads like these honestly makes me ashamed to work for BR sometimes.
It's not really an EVA thing. I worked for Taiwanese companies for 10 years, mostly for the London office of public company, and later in Taiwan for a different company. Also Ms Jimbo is Taiwanese - so we joke about this mentality thing all the time. They are their own worst enemies. (Don't ask me to define "they".. better not say anymore, in case I get into trouble!!)

But nothing to be ashamed of. In my opinion, BR still does a great job on BR67/68. Getting expensive, perhaps. But objectively I think they (you) compare well on the routes I fly. Just BR has the knack of messing around in a knee-jerk way to some "top management" fad/bean-counting panic regardless of the cost to goodwill or other long term concerns. (Not that I know how to run an international airline!)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Blue
It's not really an EVA thing. I worked for Taiwanese companies for 10 years, mostly for the London office of public company, and later in Taiwan for a different company. Also Ms Jimbo is Taiwanese - so we joke about this mentality thing all the time. They are their own worst enemies. (Don't ask me to define "they".. better not say anymore, in case I get into trouble!!)

But nothing to be ashamed of. In my opinion, BR still does a great job on BR67/68. Getting expensive, perhaps. But objectively I think they (you) compare well on the routes I fly. Just BR has the knack of messing around in a knee-jerk way to some "top management" fad/bean-counting panic regardless of the cost to goodwill or other long term concerns. (Not that I know how to run an international airline!)
Actually, i've decided to delete what i had posted here originally. Not worth the ....storm i'll bring down on myself if anyone from BR/LON ever browses this forum.

Last edited by Dave Z; Jan 22, 2011 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:39 pm

Good news!! The translation is a bit confusing, so the entire lounge is now complete or just the portion for Diamonds?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It's complete.

Club - Everyone
Lounge - Diamonds and Premium Laurel
Garden - Diamonds
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Stratoliner777
Good news!! The translation is a bit confusing, so the entire lounge is now complete or just the portion for Diamonds?
Here's the English press release:
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...ndArea_Open_en
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:34 pm

Thanks for the info, here's an article focusing on redone lounge, talking about new sky feature, themed showers in the Diamond area, galaxy buffet, etc. I wonder what changes there will be viewable for the regular lounge (non Diamond) folks.

http://www.worldinteriordesignnetwor...atures_110128/

EVA Air’s new lounge at Taoyuan International Airport flaunts novel design features
Published: 28-Jan-2011

Designed to comfortably seat 160 passengers, the new 1,200 square meter lounge at Taoyuan International Airport, features leather seating, gourmet buffet and is equipped with the latest technology. The main seating area features novel design elements. For instance the ceiling is painted replicating the image of a blue sky with clouds passing overhead. A high-tech LED lighting system is incorporated to simulate sunrise and sunset every hour.

The buffet is designed around Milky Way theme. Above the serving area, a large oval porthole is created framing a painting of the galaxy. The galaxy is illuminated with pinpoint LED lights and offering a starry night feel.

Other amenities of EVA’s new Diamond Lounge include four shower rooms, each with a temperature-controlled massage showerhead and a different theme, including classic, art deco, Japanese Zen or modern environment.

EVA Air’s new luxurious Diamond VIP lounge in Terminal 2 at Taoyuan International Airport is for the exclusive use of Evergreen Club Diamond Card members and Premium Laurel Class ticket holders. It is designed to complement the airline’s other two VIP areas in the airport’s Terminal 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.