Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA to launch Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was talking to some friends in Montreal and they said they know people who are on the WL trying to use the flight. So, I am guessing it is doing very well.

The big advantages for Eastern Canadian destinations like YUL are -

1 - no need to pass through US and deal with the hassle
2 - no need to overnight in EWR when returning
3 - can leave some of the Canadian origins much later in the day (especially for YUL - you can leave home after dinner instead of before dinner)

Last edited by username; Oct 9, 2010 at 8:45 am
Old Oct 4, 2010, 2:04 pm

From my few experiences (3 times after they launched in March), most of the passengers on the flight connects to other pacific countries. About only half stays in Taipei. (Since it is much cheaper flying this route during peak season compared to CX, which is generally 300 CDN more)

One thing I have against this flight is the early arrival time in TPE. 4:30 arrival and a quick immigration means you are out of the airport by 5:00. This is very early for people to come and pick you up, even if they are coming in from Taipei (which takes about 40 minutes).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Canada announced ROC Taiwan Passport holders with ID Card Number on their passports will be able to visit Canada for stays less than 6 months without visa.

Given the impact similar arrangements have had on Japan and LHR routes, I wonder how this will affect BR/CI's YVR/YYZ services come this summer.

Anyone know how YYZ is doing?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Until last month average 6x% load on the 77W.

Unless more routes awarded I don't think much will change.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I think widening visa-free access for Taiwanese won't have much further effect.

The reason is, this story is "old hat". It was a big story when they could come to the UK without a visa as at the time there were few other countries "recognising" an ROC passport.

But now it's already been announced they can come to Schengen visa-free. I think visas were never much of a real barrier for Taiwanese - travel agents would sort out visas (albeit for a fee) at the same time as organising tickets/hotels. Just a paperwork exercise.

There was just a bit of a psychological boost when the UK issued visas, but I don't think this will be repeated.

Last edited by jimbo99; Jan 28, 2012 at 2:56 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was reading the BR timetable and it seems YYZ is still at 3x a week. I would have thought it would do better by now.

What's the latest load on this? Definitely hope they would continue this flight for those in Eastern Canada. With the never ending talk of aircraft shortage, I wonder if they might consider deploying the aircraft somewhere else.

Thanks.

Last edited by username; Jan 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
From which YYZ gate does BR0035 depart?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
I'm just reading this thread now for the first time. I find it interesting how this route has generated quite a debate at the time. I have never considered flying with EVA until their recent Star membership. I think I might redeem an Aeroplan ticket to try them out next year for HKG. They seem to have decent connections to some Asian cities.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Agincourt
I'm just reading this thread now for the first time. I find it interesting how this route has generated quite a debate at the time. I have never considered flying with EVA until their recent Star membership. I think I might redeem an Aeroplan ticket to try them out next year for HKG. They seem to have decent connections to some Asian cities.
Welcome back to FlyerTalk, Agincourt ! Long time no see !

Please do redeem award on BR on Aeroplan as they currently do not have any fuel surcharges on award tickets.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Welcome back to FlyerTalk, Agincourt ! Long time no see !

Please do redeem award on BR on Aeroplan as they currently do not have any fuel surcharges on award tickets.
Thanks Guy Betsy! I read the forum often but just not posting as much.

Indeed, an Aeroplan award ticket on BR does seem rather attractive with no fuel surcharges!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.