Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thalys Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 8:26 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Thalys Lounges

Were looking to book Thalys Schipol to Paris.

It looks like from the latest Thalys literature the classes of service, meals and lounges have drastically changed

We originally preferred 1st class expecting lounges and meals, but we now find that they re-named that service to Premier and significantly upped the price putting it out of reach for all but those on unlimited expense accounts.

Instead we do have the option of buying "comfort" which have the old first class seats but no meals or drinks and very limited station lounge access.

My flight arrives at 6am from the USA. and we have checked baggage (first class).

How much time to allow to clear customs, baggage and make it to the train platform?

If we allow extra time and take a later train is there an available free lounge to get a coffee and juice before the train and where might that be?

I'm thinking that there would be no airline lounges available after fetching our luggage even though we have J class airline tickets.

If we tire out on the long haul train trip and want a drink or snack will we have to hustle back to a lounge car to purchase it ourselves or can we order and pay for something in what Thalys now calls comfort class?
Old May 19, 2018, 1:19 am

I’m seeing €135 for a one-way premium fare between Amsterdam and Paris. That hardly requires an unlimited expense account?

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Were looking to book Thalys Schipol to Paris.

It looks like from the latest Thalys literature the classes of service, meals and lounges have drastically changed

We originally preferred 1st class expecting lounges and meals, but we now find that they re-named that service to Premier and significantly upped the price putting it out of reach for all but those on unlimited expense accounts.

Instead we do have the option of buying "comfort" which have the old first class seats but no meals or drinks and very limited station lounge access.

My flight arrives at 6am from the USA. and we have checked baggage (first class).

How much time to allow to clear customs, baggage and make it to the train platform?

If we allow extra time and take a later train is there an available free lounge to get a coffee and juice before the train and where might that be?

I'm thinking that there would be no airline lounges available after fetching our luggage even though we have J class airline tickets.

If we tire out on the long haul train trip and want a drink or snack will we have to hustle back to a lounge car to purchase it ourselves or can we order and pay for something in what Thalys now calls comfort class?
Old May 25, 2018, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Leopardz
I’m seeing €135 for a one-way premium fare between Amsterdam and Paris. That hardly requires an unlimited expense account?
It certainly would for me. I see Premium comfort fares for €72 on that route 4 months in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.