Wiki Posts
Search

Krakow Poland to Prague by rail

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 8 mm lifetime,1K, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Krakow Poland to Prague by rail

I need advice on rail travel from Krakow Poland to Prague. Is there a direct route and how much time should this trip take? Is the train station safe? Anticipate using 1st class Rail Europe pass. Are these trains full enough that a reservation is best? (Going on our first visit to Poland)

Thanks again for any help.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The nonstop train takes ~7 hours and others can take 10-12 hours with multiple connections. RyanAir has nonstop cheap flights on certain days which is what I would do as 7+ hours burns too much time.
robtroxel likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
There is a direct train but it's not every day. Check out www.bahn.de for inter-Europe train times. You can get it in English at https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml
robtroxel likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: most of them
depending how many are in your party, you might also consider using Daytrip (onadaytrip.com) to drive you. Looks like it takes about 5.5 hours to drive according to Google maps. I used them last year from Vienna to Prague and Prague to Berlin. Stopped along the way in a couple of places. For one it was pretty pricey. But if you have 2 or 3 people it is more economical. Their website appears to be broken at the moment unfortunately.
robtroxel likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:52 am

I took the EuroNight sleeper train last summer, but it doesn't look like it's being offered as a sleeper anymore but just a regular intercity train. Both the Prague and Krakow train stations felt very safe and well maintained. We had questions on our tickets, and the agents we went to in the international ticketing office were very helpful. Overall, though, I would not really recommend taking the intercity train as a non-sleeper train unless the flight schedules (or prices) really don't work with your schedule.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlueEngineer
I took the EuroNight sleeper train last summer, but it doesn't look like it's being offered as a sleeper anymore but just a regular intercity train. Both the Prague and Krakow train stations felt very safe and well maintained. We had questions on our tickets, and the agents we went to in the international ticketing office were very helpful. Overall, though, I would not really recommend taking the intercity train as a non-sleeper train unless the flight schedules (or prices) really don't work with your schedule.
The sleeper still runs every night, and there is nothing wrong with the daytime Eurocity train (one step up from Intercity); it has comfortable cars and a bistro.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

We do appreciate the kindness you fellow travelers are extending us. We are would not be traveling till Dec 1st, 2018 from Krakow >Vienna. Looks like the 10:49 AM IC.EC arriving in Vienna @ 17:36 on 1 December, 2018 is the train I we want but I cannot determine if it operates on Sat 1 Dec ?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
So you're going to Vienna now?

The stated schedule does correspond to the Krakow-Prague train though. https://www.eurail.com/en/plan-your-...rail-timetable will show you the schedule. Tickets won't be available for sale until ~90 days before travel.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Yes we were looking at either Krakow to Prague or Krakow to Vienna, Looks like Vienna might be an easier destination time wise.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.