Vienna to Munich

Old Apr 3, 18, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K, Marriott Gold
Vienna to Munich

Is it true that the Vienna-Munich trains have been relocated to another train station? We were last there over 2 years ago so I would appreciate any tips on the new location and good hotels nearby. Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 18, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by robtroxel View Post
Is it true that the Vienna-Munich trains have been relocated to another train station? We were last there over 2 years ago so I would appreciate any tips on the new location and good hotels nearby. Thanks!
Another station where? Vienna? Munich? From which station did you depart and where did you arrive? The through trains run from Vienna Hauptbahnhof (main station) to Munich Hauptbahnhof (main station).
Old Apr 4, 18, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Track View Post
Another station where? Vienna? Munich? From which station did you depart and where did you arrive? The through trains run from Vienna Hauptbahnhof (main station) to Munich Hauptbahnhof (main station).
Thanks for your quick reply. What I meant was to ask about the Vienna train station departures since I thought the departure points had moved from one of the Vienna stations to another. So if I understand correctly, the trains to Munich now depart from the main station.
Old Apr 4, 18, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by robtroxel View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. What I meant was to ask about the Vienna train station departures since I thought the departure points had moved from one of the Vienna stations to another. So if I understand correctly, the trains to Munich now depart from the main station.
in Vienna the trains now indeed leave from the new „Hauptbahnhof“ (main station).

robtroxel likes this.
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KayVeeBee View Post

in Vienna the trains now indeed leave from the new „Hauptbahnhof“ (main station).

Thanks! Any good hotels 4 star in walking distnace from the main station?
Old Apr 5, 18, 8:12 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
Vienna main station has replaced the old Vienna south station as the terminus for all long distance trains. The old station was demolished. There are some hotels like the Novotel Wien Hauptbahnhof around. The main station can be easily reached by taking the U1 subway.
robtroxel likes this.

Search this Thread