Reload this Page >

Eurostar Carte Blanche Elite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Eurostar Carte Blanche Elite from Eurostar Frequent Traveller is simultaneously described as "not a new tier" but also "for our most frequent travellers". It appears to be focussed toward passengers who commute daily or who frequently purchase Business Premier tickets. It is an invitation-only programme and appears to offer some additional benefits over standard Carte Blanche, such as:
  • Unlimited accompanying guests in the Business Premier lounges
  • possibility to reserve the mini / family cabins in certain carriages

This information is still very new, and likely incomplete. FT members with additional details are encouraged to post below and update this Wikipost as appropriate.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, Aegean Gold, Delta Silver

Hello all and thank you for many tips over the years – I’ve registered today after years of lurking. Apologies if this belongs with the loyalty programme section, but that felt too airline focused.

On the Eurostar this morning the passenger in front of me had a Carte Blanche Elite bag tag (same white marble background, but black marble script instead of gold).

I’m a Eurostar Carte Blanche holder and called the info line. Eurostar confirmed there is a CB Elite tier, that it allows unlimited guests into the lounge and perhaps some way to book the cabins (like the one in car 10). They said admission was determined by head office.

Does anyone have one of these cards and can elaborate on their benefits? Did Eurostar hint what it was that made you eligible? I travel weekly, but at my expense on standard tickets bought far in advance, so I’m guessing I won’t be on their radar, but I could adjust my spend if the benefits were exciting…
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by chris92825031
On the Eurostar this morning the passenger in front of me had a Carte Blanche Elite bag tag (same white marble background, but black marble script instead of gold).

I’m a Eurostar Carte Blanche holder and called the info line. Eurostar confirmed there is a CB Elite tier, that it allows unlimited guests into the lounge and perhaps some way to book the cabins (like the one in car 10). They said admission was determined by head office.
Interesting news! Look forward to hearing more about it…
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I enquired about this and received the following email from Eurostar Frequent Traveller:

Dear ExpatExp,

Carte Blanche Elite is a product for individual members whereby qualification is discretionary by invitation only for a very small number of our most frequent travellers who will be invited either by letter or e-mail.

Please be assured that members cannot 'qualify' for this product and it is not a new tier. Please note that our Carte Blanche holders will not be affected in any way and will continue to benefit from the current range of services and rewards available to them.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us at Frequent Traveller.

With kind regards,

Eurostar Carte Blanche
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, Aegean Gold, Delta Silver
Thanks for checking that out. Doesn't sound like I should tweak my spend, sounds like they're looking for the real big spenders...
Old May 4, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, LH, FB, Eurostar, SIXT Platinum, SLH, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Club Lee Gold
Originally Posted by chris92825031
sounds like they're looking for the real big spenders...
Discussion with on-train teams, and separately with the CB line, suggests two constituencies:

1) those travelling Bus Prem a lot

2) those who 'commute' on E* (meaning travel multiple times per week); class of travel not mentioned

Access to the 'sin bin' compartments is indeed one of the perks.

I understand I've shared a train with a CBE member but as the Train Manager (absolutely correctly) didn't say where they were sitting I was not able to pop along and say hello/find out more.

CB member details seem also to be circulated with the manifest; the Train Manager knew my name - and I'm far from CB Elite...

JW

Last edited by Johnnie W; Aug 29, 2014 at 2:34 pm
Old May 11, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Hi all

I get the ES pretty regularly, and the introduction of the new CB+ tier-that-isn't happened a while ago. Probably at the time they enhanced the point earning.

Before this new CB Elite, 'normal' CB holders could access the sinbin (I think only if booked in Std Prem upwards) after discussion with the train manager.

I'd board as normal, check out the nearest sinbin, then find the carriage attendent, show my card and ask, and then wait in my original seat looking friendly.

In 20 or so trips, it was only denied a couple of times - once when it had Customs/ Immigration staff in it (which is its original use) and once when an unhappy ES senior member of staff refused to budge. Often, to my slight embarassment, the staff would turf out other inhabitants, many of whom were positioning ES crew, or self-upgraded pax, I think. It was usually locked, but sometimes not.

Then, around a year ago, I asked and was requested to show my CB card again, and was told, 'ah, you're not CB elite, sorry'. When I called the ES CB line next, I asked about this new tier and was told pretty much the same as is mentioned upthread - need to do multiple Biz returns a week, probably at full fare, and is only on invitation from ES.

It was great in the sinbin - really private and quiet. Every passing member of staff would introduce themselves, I often had to ask them to stop bringing me pudding or wine! Once some model-type passenger peered in and then demanded that I be moved as she (+entourage) wanted in, to a firm "Non" from the train manager.

At one point there was an official ban on shutting the door (alledgely a pax died in there and the staff didn't know) but that was dropped some time ago.

It didn't used to show on the seat maps, but I think it does now. Not sure what happens if it's needed for its various (mainly glum) purposes - it definitely used to have a lock/bar in there for disruptive/ criminal (?) pax to be chained to.
Hope this helps, it's all from my own experience so may not be official policy, or even correct!

Happyintheair (or carriage)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:11 pm

e300 sin bin confirmed for Carte Blanche *Elite* only

Reanimating an ancient thread with an update. The “new” e300 (refurbished old) trains have a sin bin at the end of coach 9, right by the join with coach 8. It now has a glass door and allocated seat numbers: 61 & 65. The train manager confirmed that access is only for Carte Blanche Elite although kindly let me sit in as a lowly Carte Blanche - which is where I’m writing this post! Sadly there’s no visible handcuff rail any more. B
ExpatExp likes this.

Last edited by ba296; Feb 11, 2018 at 1:12 pm Reason: Error in title

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.