Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss train travel questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Concerto
Totally good for the dates, she will be here from 4 to 9 March inclusive. If I bid for one of the gemeinde Tageskarten, does that mean she needs to be a resident here (which she isn't) in order to use it?

I just signed the contract for my new Abonnement Général, starting next Wednesday 14th. It's really worth the cost (CHDF340 a month) the way I end up using it. I'll be crossing the lake on a boat to play for a music competition, going up a funicular to work with a brass band, heading up the Val d'Anniviers on a Postbus to do a workshop in a school, up and down to Geneva for theater rehearsals... and many other things.
Here is the link for Montreux. Looks like you have to call to order the card. And you need to be registered in the community to purchase it. I think you can also go in personally and pick it up at the community.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Actually, the COOP offer for CHF49 is pretty good and uncomplicated, might just go for that. I would have thought that if you were bidding for a card on Ricardo you wouldn't have to go to the commune/Gemeinde for it, it would be one that somebody else paid for and couldn't use. Have you noticed, the COOP is being pretty generous with Superpoints at the moment and there's a game on the app which yields decent prizes (I won a box of bottom wipes today)? Not sure where to write about it, it's not really a major Flyertalk thing and even VFT isn't exactly buzzing about COOP promotions.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Actually, the COOP offer for CHF49 is pretty good and uncomplicated, might just go for that. I would have thought that if you were bidding for a card on Ricardo you wouldn't have to go to the commune/Gemeinde for it, it would be one that somebody else paid for and couldn't use. Have you noticed, the COOP is being pretty generous with Superpoints at the moment and there's a game on the app which yields decent prizes (I won a box of bottom wipes today)? Not sure where to write about it, it's not really a major Flyertalk thing and even VFT isn't exactly buzzing about COOP promotions.
I've seen that COOP and Interdiscount (on their website) are offering the day ticket at CHF 49, which is a pretty decent deal. And there's not too hassle.

I didn't mean to mislead you on the richardo ticket, that's probably just someone selling a ticket he wasn't able to use. And you most certainly wouldn't need to be going to the Gemeinde to pick that one up.

We don't go to COOP all that much, as I usually go to Migros as I walk past it on the way to/from work. Though we did get a coupon with 11% of most non-food items from COOPcity, which isn't too bad. Would have been nice if Reka-Checks were in included! Congrats on the bottom wipes! ^
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today I won a pack of tortilla wraps! Really, I think the COOP is quite good and worth investing some time (and money) in. The points offers seem to multiply and some of the Sachprämien are quite good (mountain walking maps, for example). As for the SBB day ticket, I might go for one of the ones offered on Ricardo. I find bidding a bit of a pain, though, would rather just buy it outright.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the special day card currently sold by COOP supermarkets, COOP City and Inter Discount, would it be possible to pay using Superpoints or is that outside the range of awards offered by the Supercard? Just wondering, because I won 300 minutes rebate if I order an award using Superpoints. That basically would amount to an extra 3 francs reduction. Additionally, is it possible to earn Superpoints if paying for CFF SBB tickets offered by the COOP?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve been outbid 3 times on ricardo for those SBB Tageskarten Since they’re so cheap at the COOP and Inter Discount it’s hardly worth bidding. Not sure why people bother.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
I’ve been outbid 3 times on ricardo for those SBB Tageskarten Since they’re so cheap at the COOP and Inter Discount it’s hardly worth bidding. Not sure why people bother.
I'm surprised you've found 3 times a SBB Tageskarte at the wished date. And yes, if it gets too costly and if it's too much hassle, why bother?
By the way, did you try to call montreux for a gemeinde tageskarte?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually don’t have the right to a Gemeinde Tageskarte. Could try and find someone to go for me, I suppose. Two of the cards I found on Ricardo were cards that could be stamped for any date up to the 11th March, presumably from the COOP.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:48 pm

I actually don’t have the right to a Gemeinde Tageskarte. Could try and find someone to go for me, I suppose. Two of the cards I found on Ricardo were cards that could be stamped for any date up to the 11th March, presumably from the COOP.
All the commune that I'm aware of are selling the tageskarte to anyone. The only difference is that its own residents get a 5-10.- CHF lower price on the card.
If you want you can give me the needed date so I can have look for availability at the communes around me.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would greatly appreciate that, Artemio. I would take a trip up to you to collect it and pay you in person. The dates in question are the 4th and 9th of March. If it's anywhere close to the price of the COOP ones, I might as well just get one of those.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:07 am

The cheapest available tageskarte I found around in my area is 48.- CHF, available on both dates. Do you want me to get them or are you going with the coop/interdiscount tageskarte?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would be very glad if you could pick up 2 day cards, one for Sunday 4th March, the other for Friday 9th March. But we need to work out how to see you in order to pick up the cards. E-banking is also possible, if it comes to it. Don’t forget, the person who will use them has no abonnement demi tarif.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Hello,

I tried to book a train ticket from Zurich HB to Lausanne on sbb.ch website for 3rd June 2018 departure but I keep getting this error N"OT_FOUND: ips.meldung.nova.50006" when I attempt to click the purchase button. Can someone pls advise what's wrong?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
There's no need to purchase a ticket in advance. It will cost the same if you buy it on the day, just before travel. To make purchases on the sbb website your credit card must be set up for two-step verification. It will work if you purchase at a counter and in most cases at ticket kiosks. This is particularly a problem for cards issued by US banks, but I guess cards from other countries can also be affected.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by catandmouse
There's no need to purchase a ticket in advance. It will cost the same if you buy it on the day, just before travel. To make purchases on the sbb website your credit card must be set up for two-step verification. It will work if you purchase at a counter and in most cases at ticket kiosks. This is particularly a problem for cards issued by US banks, but I guess cards from other countries can also be affected.
Unless you want the super saver tickets, then it’s cheaper to buy ahead of time. I’ve found the SBB app will take US cards fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.