making use of sbb online only promos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
making use of sbb online only promos

I'm on sbb's email list, and they offer special day pass promos, which can only be purchased on-line (generally with short purchase periods). How does one retrieve such a purchase?
[I live in the USA and visit Switz. regularly, but if they mail me the purchase I'm not sure I would receive it in time.]
When I've purchased 1/2 fare cards (at ZRH Flufg.), they hold the card in their file cabinet until my next visit.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
they offer special day pass promos, which can only be purchased on-line (generally with short purchase periods). How does one retrieve such a purchase?
I am not sure that I understood your question.
On-line promos can be printed at home - you don't need to have them mailed to your residence.

Re "Halbtax-Abo": I renewed it online and could print a temporary confirmation. The new card was mailed to me a week later.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Q-STO
I am not sure that I understood your question.
On-line promos can be printed at home - you don't need to have them mailed to your residence.

Re "Halbtax-Abo": I renewed it online and could print a temporary confirmation. The new card was mailed to me a week later.
In the Nov. SBB Newsletter, there is an offer where you can get a after 9 o'clock day card which is good even on Sat./Sun/Public holidays--but expires on Nov. 17 (you don't have to have a 1/2 fare card to use it.)
[I current have a "6 pack" day card, with validation tabs.] I was assuming that the on-line offer was a single validation card (which would require getting it by mail(?) From reading your response, they would allow me to present the "print at home" document.
Since I won't be in Switz. until Nov. 28, that particular offer won't be good for me--but there will be future offers which might.
Re Halbtax-Abo: (as I noted in my OP), I would renew it at the SBB Travel Agency in ZRH Flug. and they would hold the card until the next time I visit Switz.
Thanks for your response.

PS: Added note: I re-read the offer, and it states "travel pass" (as opposed to travel card)--so I think it is different from the usual travel cards, which have validation tabs.

Last edited by nrr; Nov 11, 2013 at 6:24 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
[I current have a "6 pack" day card, with validation tabs.] I was assuming that the on-line offer was a single validation card (which would require getting it by mail(?) From reading your response, they would allow me to present the "print at home" document.
Yes - it is not the usual validation card, but a "print at home" ticket.
I had no problem buying them from abroad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.