FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - making use of sbb online only promos
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Q-STO
I am not sure that I understood your question.
On-line promos can be printed at home - you don't need to have them mailed to your residence.

Re "Halbtax-Abo": I renewed it online and could print a temporary confirmation. The new card was mailed to me a week later.
In the Nov. SBB Newsletter, there is an offer where you can get a after 9 o'clock day card which is good even on Sat./Sun/Public holidays--but expires on Nov. 17 (you don't have to have a 1/2 fare card to use it.)
[I current have a "6 pack" day card, with validation tabs.] I was assuming that the on-line offer was a single validation card (which would require getting it by mail(?) From reading your response, they would allow me to present the "print at home" document.
Since I won't be in Switz. until Nov. 28, that particular offer won't be good for me--but there will be future offers which might.
Re Halbtax-Abo: (as I noted in my OP), I would renew it at the SBB Travel Agency in ZRH Flug. and they would hold the card until the next time I visit Switz.
Thanks for your response.

PS: Added note: I re-read the offer, and it states "travel pass" (as opposed to travel card)--so I think it is different from the usual travel cards, which have validation tabs.

Last edited by nrr; Nov 11, 2013 at 6:24 am